Everton takeover rumours

Will anything come of today's buyer/investor news?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Theyre coming to negotiate the purchase of howard

photo.jpg

This is weird, obviously it's expected given the timing, but Phil McNulty is usually quite critical of the club. Not like headline stories and the like but he never shy away from voicing his opinion on Twitter.

I just can't see him personally or being in the position he is being won over or puppeted (word?) into running a story in the way The Echo would be by the club.

To be fair.

Why would anyone on the board want to sell the club? As long as the club keeps running, and the money incoming keeps rising then surely it is more profitable to stay sitting on the board rather than sell up for their share?

I won't think anything of any take over until it is there literally happening. Rumours have come out far too many times that it rubs the excitement off for me.

To be fair.

Why would anyone on the board want to sell the club? As long as the club keeps running, and the money incoming keeps rising then surely it is more profitable to stay sitting on the board rather than sell up for their share?

I won't think anything of any take over until it is there literally happening. Rumours have come out far too many times that it rubs the excitement off for me.

Bill's got some serious health issues atm - could be a reason to look for a way out.

Sporting KC fans love these guys. Here's what they were saying about this last night
Their group is worth around $4 billion. They run an innovative tech company that helps sports stadia around the world improve the gameday experience for fans. They're incredibly accessible to the fanbase. They got one of the most beautiful stadiums in the world built at a time when the sport was nearly dead in KC. And they consistently win trophies in a league designed for parity.

I'm incredibly biased, but Everton couldn't do better than these guys if it happens.
Mike Illig is the son of Cliff Illig, one of the owners of Sporting Club. the parent of Sporting KC. I think Mike oversees the family investments/business ventures outside of Cerner, the giant health care IT company his father founded.

Robb Heineman is is President and another part-owner of Sporting Club. Robb is quite willing to have fun and troll a bit on Twitter. (Sporting Blue Artificial Turf! It's coming!) This makes the Everton rumor hard to parse, because one of Sporting Club's other businesses is Sporting Innovations, which is leading the way on electronic/online fan engagement. They could very legitimately be talking with Everton about ways to use their products/systems, but the "American billionaires buying Everton" angle is tough to ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back