Everton takeover rumours

Will anything come of today's buyer/investor news?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our board have an undoubted talent for shooting themselves in the foot mate, but it doesn't mean that they start every rumour. I've no idea if this rumour has any legs or if it was started by the club, but it all seems a bit tenous either way.

edit : Well, it did seem tenous and then Danny went and posted that tweet from the BBC !

*phones broker with instructions to buy.

That particular tweet makes it a lot more curious, looking into the group it wouldn't be the ones the board would have picked as a smokescreen as their reputation is absolutely sky high and regarded as very skilled at what they do in the sporting and business fields they are in. So will draw a lot of attention if it was just bs as you can't make them look like chancers when they clearly aren't.

Be interesting to see IF this is a board piece of AGM distraction - just how big a mistake they have made choosing this particular group with the brilliant reputation they have

People always seem to say that the board put these stories out as a 'smokescreen' or to 'take the heat off'. Does anybody have a reasonable idea of why they would do this?

Because BK and Co all attended this place mate

college-of-bullshit.jpg

Bill has obvly told the Kansas chaps to fabricate the rumor. Thereby fooling the BBC in to tricking us. Elaborate/Impressive. #kansascityshuffle

US interest in Everton

Football

Phil McNulty

BBC Sport chief football writer

Posted at11:11
Everton are the subject of renewed speculation over a potential takeover.

City of London financial sources have told BBC Sport that American investors - with links to MLS side Sporting Kansas City - are exploring a potential purchase.

An asking price of £225m is believed to have been set by Everton's owners although it is unknown if the US consortium are prepared to match that.

3a3517ef-a0df-4a49-b09e-6d94e03cba08.jpg

Getty Images
The possible deal has also been reported in Kansas City – and SKC representative Mike Illig has publicly stated he is an Everton fan, posting pictures of a visit to Goodison Park on his Twitter account on Thursday.

Everton did not comment when contacted about suggestions that a takeover deal is under discussion.

Our board have an undoubted talent for shooting themselves in the foot mate, but it doesn't mean that they start every rumour. I've no idea if this rumour has any legs or if it was started by the club, but it all seems a bit tenous either way.

edit : Well, it did seem tenous and then Danny went and posted that tweet from the BBC !

*phones broker with instructions to buy.
that tweet looks promising then haha

Im not saying every rumour is club sourced, i just mean that particular ones are at certian points in the calender year far too much to be a coincidence. Having some sort of good news in season ticket renewal time every year is like clockwork, just anything for fans to throw their money at in hope.

in a way its clever because it clearly does work in the past, i mean would you renew if it looked like a takeover/star players/ground move was on the cards if you were unsure before?

got to ask, 225 million? Its gone up 75 million?

Not a business man in any way but if you arent going to sell a club then increasing the asking price over time is surely the way to go about it! How has it gone up 75 million?

City of London Financial sources ,Reports in Kansas... WELL ....summit bubbling mate.
£225 mil not sure about that like.

I cant help thinking of that other stuff we were chatting about somehow being a catalyst. Y'know.

Probably not, but not an impossible link is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back