Everton takeover rumours

Will anything come of today's buyer/investor news?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its like the Olympics here. Americans like footie now, just in small easily digestable doses. Its a fun sport to watch in the summer when the only competetion is the dog days of baseball. Which is why events like the Euros and World cup do well. Supporting a club full time is a 9 month thing, and the season isn't played when it would get maximum attn here (June-August). Americans also dislike the fact that the leagues aren't competetive (a huge part of the NFL's appeal is that everyone has a chance). Plus in the fall everything takes a back seat to American football. Even the baseball playoffs get relegated to the nether regions of cable today.

One big advantage European footie has over here is time of day. Saturday morning for me is the absolute perfect time to watch sportsball. I'm not doing anything else anyway. So it doesn't matter that it competes with American football, rarely are the two ever on at the same time.

Although, that is a possible detriment to those on the West Coast too, who sometimes will have to wake up for matches at 5:30.

It'll never compete with basketball and tackle football over here, ever. That being said it could come after hockey and baseball.
I honestly think it has a chance in many decades time. People don't want to waste a whole day watching the sports as much as they used to. I think there is a very slowly growing movement away from all-day events regardless of their form.

I know I don't have 4 hours to spend on a game. And I think the world is trending that way.

Many decades off, of course.

I honestly think it has a chance in many decades time. People don't want to waste a whole day watching the sports as much as they used to. I think there is a very slowly growing movement away from all-day events regardless of their form.

I know I don't have 4 hours to spend on a game. And I think the world is trending that way.

Many decades off, of course.
I can see your point, still think if NFL/CFB falls off basketball will just take its place. fast paced, higher scoring. only the last two minutes takes forever haha

What really pisses me off when stories like this emerge is the reaction from the media.. They love all the speculation when takeovers are mooted elsewhere at other clubs and really look to stoke up the rumoured interest. When it's us though it's always presented in terms that are a bit questioning of the wisdom of it for Everton. Possibly because Kenwright and his flunkies are in the ear of them and dampening it down, but also because they seem to think we as fans want to wait another 20 years for the mythical billionaire Evertonian to turn up. We want success and any takeover is the only realistic chance we have of getting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back