Everton takeover rumours

Will anything come of today's buyer/investor news?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be sold for a pound to leave the new owners to get on with settling debt and sorting a stadium out and revamping the squad.
All joking aside, I think if it were solely in Bill's hands and the behind the scenes situation were different, he may have done something like that (or at least sell for a price to just get his money back or something similar).
But I think we all know that's not the case...

All joking aside, I think if it were solely in Bill's hands and the behind the scenes situation were different, he may have done something like that (or at least sell for a price to just get his money back or something similar).
There is nothing stopping BK selling his shares for whatever he paid for them or even less if he so wishes.

I think that Kenwright would be first in line with his hand out in any takeover.

Bill is just the friendly Evertonian face for the con artists really pulling the strings behind the scenes at Everton.

Wish you would just tell us how you really feel about him

b_V0r8_BQ.jpg

What really pisses me off when stories like this emerge is the reaction from the media.. They love all the speculation when takeovers are mooted elsewhere at other clubs and really look to stoke up the rumoured interest. When it's us though it's always presented in terms that are a bit questioning of the wisdom of it for Everton. Possibly because Kenwright and his flunkies are in the ear of them and dampening it down, but also because they seem to think we as fans want to wait another 20 years for the mythical billionaire Evertonian to turn up. We want success and any takeover is the only realistic chance we have of getting it.

With the price of oil in the tank I'm under no delusions that a mythical billionaire who doesn't mind losing millions because this is his/her hobby is coming. Here is the thing about American owners. Never ever trust them. Its mearly an investment. Sure they all want to "win" but most importantly they want to make gobs of money and even when they are doing that its never enough. I mean even Paul $%^in Allen (worth 20B) even got the city of Seattle to pony up 600M for a new stadium. 99% of American owners would do the Mike Ashley/Randy Lerner thing and gut the side while barely staying afloat in the prem if that's the ideal way to millions of profit.

With the price of oil in the tank I'm under no delusions that a mythical billionaire who doesn't mind losing millions because this is his/her hobby is coming. Here is the thing about American owners. Never ever trust them. Its mearly an investment. Sure they all want to "win" but most importantly they want to make gobs of money and even when they are doing that its never enough. I mean even Paul $%^in Allen (worth 20B) even got the city of Seattle to pony up 600M for a new stadium. 99% of American owners would do the Mike Ashley/Randy Lerner thing and gut the side while barely staying afloat in the prem if that's the ideal way to millions of profit.

The best of the rest are like Cuban; I'm afraid he would maximize the entertainment value of the club (and so drain the soul out of it) even if he doesn't drain the coffers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back