Everton takeover rumours

Will anything come of today's buyer/investor news?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd settle for Kenwright living up to his promise about not being in it to make any profit out the club, sell then turn around and pay off all existing debt on the club, pay off the season ticket loans, and buy back the training complex from the council.

Hell he will still walk away with a profit after doing all that, do that, give the club a completely debt free clean slate for the new owners to go and achieve something with the club, we all know he won't though, he either will die before he sells, or will sell and take his profit and never look back the charlatan
We all know he will not do that but why the hell not.He could walk away from the club with his head held high and nobody could doubt after all that he truly was a great Evertonian.
Its up to you Bill we could build you a statue or you just walk away with your pockets full of money but be despised by every Evertonian you have always said you represent.

As if anyone is going to stump up £225m for Bill and his mates' shares, plus the debt, plus the unavoidable cost of funding a new stadium so as to secure future income streams.

As if.

To be fair, look at the team.

How much would you want for Ross? Lukaku? Stones, Deulofeu, Galloway etc.

That's going to be around £225m for the lot of them.

I've not read any of this thread but it seems to me, this takeover rumour has a little more 'meat on the bone' so to speak. For Mcnulty to put his head above the parapet and put a piece on the main BBC sport website says that he believes the info he has been given. Its unusual for him to be quite so forthcoming.

The Evertonian in me, makes me highly skeptical but i do feel this might have some legs to it.

*Waits to be shot down with links from the thread on previous pages*

I think the general gist of it is that someone is trying to do a deal.

Come on Bill,

LMADlogo2011.jpg

To be fair, look at the team.

How much would you want for Ross? Lukaku? Stones, Deulofeu, Galloway etc.

That's going to be around £225m for the lot of them.

Think you have put a fan's valuation on them there, not what another club would be prepared to pay for them. Even then that's presuming they were sold which they are not going to be hopefully. The playing assets aren't what determines the club's value though. The cost of funding a new stadium to provide future income is what brings down the value/ lowers the selling price of the club.

The playing assets aren't what determines the club's value though. The cost of funding a new stadium to provide future income is what brings down the value/ lowers the selling price of the club.

Correct on both counts.

You need decent players to be successful and if you sell all your stars you risk failure on the pitch leading to loss of revenue, quite possibly a substantial drop in revenue, which wouldn't be good for business.

Growing the club, outside TV revenue, is dependent on quite a few things, but a cost-effective stadium expansion is quite high up on the list.

Correct on both counts.

You need decent players to be successful and if you sell all your stars you risk failure on the pitch leading to loss of revenue, quite possibly a substantial drop in revenue, which wouldn't be good for business.

Growing the club, outside TV revenue, is dependent on quite a few things, but a cost-effective stadium expansion is quite high up on the list.

Lets have it right; we do have other untapped revenue streams beside a new stadium (appreciate this is central to going forward) as its not like our club are really doing all they can to make money is it..

Maybe the valuation is based on that as well..the inability of the current incumbents shouldnt detract from the potential that others with half a brain could produce...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back