Everton takeover rumours

Will anything come of today's buyer/investor news?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are definitely not an attractive financial proposition. Lots of money is needed after your initial layout to buy the club.
The stadium is the big issue for me, I would imagine any company taking over would believe they could develop a brand and market the club.
Still we are Evertonians, e can dream.

Well, I doubt Heineman would say that just to do the board a ( supposed ) favour before the AGM, so I'm going to be eternally optimistic or totally clueless ( take your pick ) and hope he's right.
I doubt the fella in question is saying it to do the board a favour,he is most probably just repeating what he has been told,perhaps in the hope that the Americans would panic at the idea of losing out so make a firm offer,the problem that brings is if/when there is no further interest from anywhere questions will be raised as to who exactly the other interests came from

How is WHP a dodged bullet?

Lack of transport for one. If you are to build on a new site then you need the transport infrastructure in place to cope with increased demand.

Lack of infrastructure means that you are on a hiding to nothing for it to be a success plus you may well be stung for a % of costs of putting the infrastructure in place.

Which is why if we go for a new site then the nearer to the city centre the better as the vast majority of transport is already there.

The carpet baggers have set an unreal price for the club - a club needing major infrastructural improvements and squad financing on top of the price being asked for shares. If you're a buyer you look at it and think two things: 1/ WTF have these people done to ask for cash like that?, 2/ It's a sales pitch based on revenue from a volatile source that can leave the game just as soon as it entered it.

In short, you'd need your head feeling handing over £225M for a PL club with no new stadium facility, no massive commercial arm to it, and a good but not top 4 class squad.

We'll be like this until Kenwright leaves. There's not a buyer out there who'll touch this club with a barge pole.

According to

Sorry if this has already been posted but got up to page 20 and no-one had answered the question regarding how the figure is made up, so you might be interested in this article:

http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2015/10/16/report-sporting-kc-owners-looking-to-buy-everton/

In particular:

Numbers suggested for the purchase of the club have been rumored to be around $150m for the team itself, then $85m for Goodison and then to clear the club of the debt levels it had in 2014, that would take another $50-75 million. In total, Kenwright and the board would be willing to let the club go for significantly less than the $347 million figure previously reported.

$347 million dollars at exchange rates of $1.5:£1 would make this figure about £230million. So for the club they are looking for about £156 million but whoever buys will clear the club's debts as well.

Hope this helps

the asking price for the equity is about 160 Million with some of the rest going towards paying the debt off. I'm not sure those numbers quoted totally add up, but they appear to be in the right ballpark. Paying off debt would immediately increase the profitability of the club. Add in a management team with any commercial nous and the only fly in the ointment left to deal with ( commercially ) is finding a way of increasing stadium revenue profitably. It'd be easy enough to increase revenue, but turning a profit on that increased revenue is the tricky bit. If someone can find a way of doing that then it'll make the club atttactive as a business proposition.

Lack of transport for one. If you are to build on a new site then you need the transport infrastructure in place to cope with increased demand.

Lack of infrastructure means that you are on a hiding to nothing for it to be a success plus you may well be stung for a % of costs of putting the infrastructure in place.

Which is why if we go for a new site then the nearer to the city centre the better as the vast majority of transport is already there.
Garbage that lad. It's a stones throw from Goodison ffs and has Queens drive and the A580 either side of it.

Pretty sure the city of Liverpool would take care of the infra. It would be one of the basics if this would go ahead.

We are definitely not an attractive financial proposition. Lots of money is needed after your initial layout to buy the club.
The stadium is the big issue for me, I would imagine any company taking over would believe they could develop a brand and market the club.
I don't understand that thinking to be honest. Why is the stadium an issue for a prospective buyer that is quoted a reasonable selling price?
Why can't £200m be put towards the squad, a la Man Utd, to achieve CL qualifications and push towards a title tilt, and still play at Goodison for the foreseeable future?

According to

the asking price for the equity is about 160 Million with some of the rest going towards paying the debt off. I'm not sure those numbers quoted totally add up, but they appear to be in the right ballpark. Paying off debt would immediately increase the profitability of the club. Add in a management team with any commercial nous and the only fly in the ointment left to deal with ( commercially ) is finding a way of increasing stadium revenue profitably. It'd be easy enough to increase revenue, but turning a profit on that increased revenue is the tricky bit. If someone can find a way of doing that then it'll make the club atttactive as a business proposition.

The debt should come off the asking price.

Of course we're an attractive club in terms of financial benefit for a buyer, every premier league club is. The stadium is an added conversation point in terms of what's got to be sorted out in the near future, but any potential buyer will know that if they put money into Everton they'll get far more out of it in the long run. People underestimate how big the TV money is, the English one came in this summer, but the American TV money comes in next summer and then the Asian TV money the year after, then the year after that the English TV money comes in again and it's predicted that it'll be almost double what it was this summer. Buying a premier league club at the moment is a no risk strategy for a businessman or group who knows what they're doing.

"We went over there in August, and we're always opportunistic with opportunities like that. Was it ever close? No. Was it something that we still think about here and there? Sure. But do I actually think we're seriously in the running for it? No. I actually think there are a couple of legitimate groups that are talking to Bill Kenwright right now about buying the team. But I think there are some serious groups that are in the mix and I think it will get solved in the next few months."

So to summarise, they had a look, were quoted a ridiculous price and will now look elsewhere.
Bill is talking to a couple of "serious" parties as we speak. And, no doubt, they too will be quoted a ridiculous price and look elsewhere.

That about sums it up yes? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back