Everton takeover rumours

Will anything come of today's buyer/investor news?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always looked like a chimera chasing that dollar. Really, you have to win things. Win trophies and that market may sit up and take note of you. Lose and you're a red headed stepchild.
I believe @SerenityNigh was talking to some friends who were high up in marketing and they were frothing at the mouth that we weren't marketing our club like that over there. Marketing gold apparently

Find it strange the club have not commented (not sure if it would be right to do so)especially if a potential buyer was close to making a firm offer.
I have read somewhere there would be penalties if the loans were to be paid up, this could be a real sticking point .If such debts are and penalties are
already factored into the price ( £225 mil ) that looks an actractive figure to me.
If Heineman is to be believed and there are more than one interested party , it looks definate (hope !!!) something is about to happen.
As he says "in the next few months".....looks promising.

Find it strange the club have not commented (not sure if it would be right to do so)especially if a potential buyer was close to making a firm offer.
I have read somewhere there would be penalties if the loans were to be paid up, this could be a real sticking point .If such debts are and penalties are
already factored into the price ( £225 mil ) that looks an actractive figure to me.
If Heineman is to be believed and there are more than one interested party , it looks definate (hope !!!) something is about to happen.

Why?

Accounts are due and the AGM is due. This is the distraction the chancers need.

There's no reason for a private company to disclose such a thing. They may have agreed, formally ( via a two way NDA or similar) or informally with any prospective parties not to go public until a formal offer is made ( if that happens ).

IIRC Everton's response was something like " the media shouldn't become unduly fixated on the potential sale of the club"

Last edited:
Still find it hard to believe BK was there yesterday and his face didn't appear on the TV during the applause.

There's no reason for a private company to disclose such a thing. They may have agreed, formally ( via a two way NDA or similar) or informally with any prospective parties not to go public until a formal offer is made ( if that happens ).
True...they've also not dismissed it (as they have in the past) Find that encouraging myself.

Again, accounts are due and the AGM is due. This is the distraction the chancers need.

What are you suggesting that people are being distracted from?

The accounts are healthy and about to receive a huge boost next season, and the AGM is happening regardless so it's not being effected by these rumours.

A number of loans were paid last week, including one Vibrac one.
The club will be sold soon, I'm convinced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back