Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
A young Phil Jagielka? Bigger and about the same pace. More comfortable on the ball? More error prone! How much wages would tempt him to leave? £25K a week would? Nothing less as he will be on a high basic at Brighton with huge promotion bonuses. It might be a season before he upped his game to the Premier League. I can't imagine he would be first on the short list, but there could be competition for his signature?

Not sure the transfer fee will be crucial. Upwards of £5 million. Offers already turned down from Fulham at that price. Brighton would tend to sell older players not young ones. What might be crucial if Brighton had a replacement which they haven't so any transfer will take a long time until Brighton could find an alternative.

I haven't seen him as much as that fella however I would say Jagielka/Lescott when they first joined are reasonable comparisons.

Compared to Jagielka he is not as mobile or quick as he was but in most other aspects he is as good if not better. Very commanding in the air a decent talker and can play a bit.

If it was Moyes 5 years ago I'd be completely in favour. Given where we are now I'm a bit more on the fence.

Caceres, Van der weil, Moussa dembele, and Sofiane Feghouli all out there available for free. Solid players that could contribute.

I'd like to think we're done scraping the barrell for free transfers for now ;)

nothing to do with scraping the barrell, free transfer bargains are always there to be had, whoever you are. They're just not as common in britain. Can always sell for a massive profit as well even with no intention to play them.

well, they finished 6th last season, and I imagine our first, realistic aim will be top six, so by that logic, all of their team are good enough mate

I doubt it. Our team underperformed last season due to poor management and playing style. A better manager managing that group of players last season would have seen us easily finish top 6 imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back