Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can just about understand holding a 12 year grudge towards a then-teenager because of the way the move was forced through, but if you think Rooney has nothing to offer us now, you're wrong.
Don't you think we could do better for the money he'd cost?

Holland is a average league,there has been a list of goalscorers who have bagged goals for fun in that league and have come to the EPL and done nothing of note.

Kezman Alvez VanWinkle DeJong Depay at the top of my head who have flopped here in the last 10 years.

And the only success in that time frame has been Suarez Bony and maybe Kuyt who was prolific as a striker at feyenoord but eventually turned into a wide player at the RS.
You forgot the king of horrific players who dominated the Dutch League: Altidore

Volland gone to Leverkusen.

Didavi gone to Wolfsburg.

Next

Wouldn't shock me to see a lt of European clubs desperate tp get their business done early this season mate, once the premiership clubs start throwing the money around prices will get silly and teams in germany etc will be desperate to avoid having to try do business at that time

Wouldn't shock me to see a lt of European clubs desperate tp get their business done early this season mate, once the premiership clubs start throwing the money around prices will get silly and teams in germany etc will be desperate to avoid having to try do business at that time

Bundesliga clubs tend to work faster and more efficient than anywhere else which is enviable when you support the slowest club on the planet.

Everton are like the team captain with a horrendous stammer trying to pick a player but ending up with the fatty at the back because they took too long to say it.

I don't hate Rooney, I'm actually rather uninterested in him these days, I just don't think we need him nor would I offer him the wages he'd require.

Ronney playing deeper, dunno mate, likely 2-3 very good seasons in that position and has shown he is very capable their, as an out and out striker then yeah would avoid these days, but like him or loath him LVG has shown that Rooney has the ability to play a role we haven't got anyone else capable of in the team, and play it very very well

Just wanted to give an educated view on the link to Lewis Dunk from Brighton, as some of you may know I moved to Brighton 4 years ago and don't get to see enough of my beloved Everton as I would like but get to as many of the 'southern' games as I can. Anyway my mate has a spare season ticket at Brighton and I've been to quite a few games last season so feel I can give a good account of Lewis Dunk. IMO and I think I have said this in the 'Ale House' that Lewis Dunk is definitely Premiership quality in fact upper echelons of the Premier League, ok you will probably judge him on the rash challenge he made at the end of the season to end up getting suspended which was one of the problems Brighton had in the play offs. When he doesn't play he is missed when he does play they are solid. Great player and great age (24) I believe given a bit of Premier League experience he will be better than Stones and is definitely a replacement for Jags. I think we could get him at a good price too because anyone that waves a few pound notes under the nose of the Brighton Chairman has a deal in minutes. Sign him up Moshi is all I would say!

Bundesliga clubs tend to work faster and more efficient than anywhere else which is enviable when you support the slowest club on the planet.

Everton are like the team captain with a horrendous stammer trying to pick a player but ending up with the fatty at the back because they took too long to say it.

yeah i don't expect the way we sign people to suddenly improve over night, think we will see a bit more haste though and professionalism in that regard, but will take time to get the malaisse out the club

Just wanted to give an educated view on the link to Lewis Dunk from Brighton, as some of you may know I moved to Brighton 4 years ago and don't get to see enough of my beloved Everton as I would like but get to as many of the 'southern' games as I can. Anyway my mate has a spare season ticket at Brighton and I've been to quite a few games last season so feel I can give a good account of Lewis Dunk. IMO and I think I have said this in the 'Ale House' that Lewis Dunk is definitely Premiership quality in fact upper echelons of the Premier League, ok you will probably judge him on the rash challenge he made at the end of the season to end up getting suspended which was one of the problems Brighton had in the play offs. When he doesn't play he is missed when he does play they are solid. Great player and great age (24) I believe given a bit of Premier League experience he will be better than Stones and is definitely a replacement for Jags. I think we could get him at a good price too because anyone that waves a few pound notes under the nose of the Brighton Chairman has a deal in minutes. Sign him up Moshi is all I would say!

That's a good post mate. I have seen a bit of him too and what stands out is his physicality. He is a bit strong lad and a real threat aerially. I do worry about a lack of pace though and as with most big centre halves does turn a little slowly. I think he would he been a perfect "Moyes" signing of 7 or 8 years ago and probably under Moyes back then he'd be n England international in 2 years.

I just worry though that with the additional revenues and the desire for instant success, as well as it being a new manager whether he wold be the right signing. If Stones goes I think we need to bring in an experienced Centre Half. There may also be room for a Lewis Dunk in addition to this depending on the way we want to play.

Anyway I do like him. Quite comfortable on the ball as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back