Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to give an educated view on the link to Lewis Dunk from Brighton, as some of you may know I moved to Brighton 4 years ago and don't get to see enough of my beloved Everton as I would like but get to as many of the 'southern' games as I can. Anyway my mate has a spare season ticket at Brighton and I've been to quite a few games last season so feel I can give a good account of Lewis Dunk. IMO and I think I have said this in the 'Ale House' that Lewis Dunk is definitely Premiership quality in fact upper echelons of the Premier League, ok you will probably judge him on the rash challenge he made at the end of the season to end up getting suspended which was one of the problems Brighton had in the play offs. When he doesn't play he is missed when he does play they are solid. Great player and great age (24) I believe given a bit of Premier League experience he will be better than Stones and is definitely a replacement for Jags. I think we could get him at a good price too because anyone that waves a few pound notes under the nose of the Brighton Chairman has a deal in minutes. Sign him up Moshi is all I would say!

Agree. I get to the AMEX more than GP these days and Dunk would be a credible squad player

Ronney playing deeper, dunno mate, likely 2-3 very good seasons in that position and has shown he is very capable their, as an out and out striker then yeah would avoid these days, but like him or loath him LVG has shown that Rooney has the ability to play a role we haven't got anyone else capable of in the team, and play it very very well

We can get someone younger and better in midfield than Rooney that won't cost us £150k+ p/week.

We can get someone younger and better in midfield than Rooney that won't cost us £150k+ p/week.

Possibly we could do, but right now this team also lacks hugely in character, has pretty much zero leadership and has lost/never had a winning mentality to it, Rooney brings all that with him as well mate, oh and also makes a HUGE statment to the footballing world should he arrive say.

No way shape or form that Rooney joining this current Everton side doesn't improve it massively IMO

Just wanted to give an educated view on the link to Lewis Dunk from Brighton, as some of you may know I moved to Brighton 4 years ago and don't get to see enough of my beloved Everton as I would like but get to as many of the 'southern' games as I can. Anyway my mate has a spare season ticket at Brighton and I've been to quite a few games last season so feel I can give a good account of Lewis Dunk. IMO and I think I have said this in the 'Ale House' that Lewis Dunk is definitely Premiership quality in fact upper echelons of the Premier League, ok you will probably judge him on the rash challenge he made at the end of the season to end up getting suspended which was one of the problems Brighton had in the play offs. When he doesn't play he is missed when he does play they are solid. Great player and great age (24) I believe given a bit of Premier League experience he will be better than Stones and is definitely a replacement for Jags. I think we could get him at a good price too because anyone that waves a few pound notes under the nose of the Brighton Chairman has a deal in minutes. Sign him up Moshi is all I would say!

A young Phil Jagielka? Bigger and about the same pace. More comfortable on the ball? More error prone! How much wages would tempt him to leave? £25K a week would? Nothing less as he will be on a high basic at Brighton with huge promotion bonuses. It might be a season before he upped his game to the Premier League. I can't imagine he would be first on the short list, but there could be competition for his signature?

Not sure the transfer fee will be crucial. Upwards of £5 million. Offers already turned down from Fulham at that price. Brighton would tend to sell older players not young ones. What might be crucial if Brighton had a replacement which they haven't so any transfer will take a long time until Brighton could find an alternative.

A young Phil Jagielka? .

cate-2.gif

@davek

Wouldn't shock me to see a lt of European clubs desperate tp get their business done early this season mate, once the premiership clubs start throwing the money around prices will get silly and teams in germany etc will be desperate to avoid having to try do business at that time

Apart from 1 club who will take there time obviously

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back