Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully not Rooney. Let's have some backbone and tell him 'no thanks.'

Couldn't get out of here quick enough after one full season and now his legs have gone he wants one last swansong from the adoring masses - no thanks fat lad.
I can just about understand holding a 12 year grudge towards a then-teenager because of the way the move was forced through, but if you think Rooney has nothing to offer us now, you're wrong.

Hopefully not Rooney. Let's have some backbone and tell him 'no thanks.'

Couldn't get out of here quick enough after one full season and now his legs have gone he wants one last swansong from the adoring masses - no thanks fat lad.
He has got lots to offer. And he'd be a good leader, better than Jagielka.

He's won the lot, and he's a blue. I can't understand why the advantage of having that in the dressing room isn't clear to all. That's even beyond his ability as a footballer, which is not insignificant.
I would love it if he came back but according to the Daily Express (I think) he has sworn his loyalty to Man U by saying he will never play for another Premier league club.

I would love it if he came back but according to the Daily Express (I think) he has sworn his loyalty to Man U by saying he will never play for another Premier league club.
That article decided to only use half of his quote to generate that meaning.

The full quote was something like "I've spent my whole career with Everton and Man Utd, and I'll never play for another Premier League club"

Which to me clearly doesn't rule out an Everton return

That said, I think it's unlikely he ever comes back

Exactly. I'd personally have him back if it wasn't for that Utd badge kissing act. He can now kiss my a** for all I care. He'll be a valueable addition not denying that but its not like we NEED him tbf. He's obviously gonna wanna play under Jose this season. Can't expect him after a pre season vs Everton to say "You know what lads, I'm done with Man Utd...Off I go to Everton".

Don't want Rooney back personally. Still remember him putting in a transfer request on deadline day. Still remember him kissing the badge. Still don't care that I am holding a 12 year grudge. His best days are behind him, and he didn't care enough about his boyhood club to give them his best years. Get in some young talent who does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back