Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Lukaku leaves I would have thought you guys would be going after a bigger name target anyway what with all the money you guys apparently have to burn.

Rom would cost somebody £50m+ I would think, would Everton fans be happy replacing him with a £12m unproven risk?
Possibly but the price isn't really that important it's more if he is the right fit &
if lukaku does goes if Koeman/director of football thinks he can be first choice striker.

I'd rather this type of buy I.e young massive potential than bony or benteke who will cost a fortune inc wages & we know they can't hack it at big clubs which is what we are attempting to return too.

A risky strategy but also a high reward one which heavy relies on the managers/director of footballs judgment on the individual. Jannsen may not be the player perhaps it's milik or batshuyai embolo, bakambu or someone ive never heard off.

however I'd hate for us to sign an Adebayor type player on £150k per week would be a waste

Rooney story in The Times, obviously behind a paywall.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/article4752102.ece
It's a very clickbaity article for The Times. Here are his quotes which they say is him "offering an Everton hint"

Manchester United and Everton are the only clubs I have played for as a professional footballer. I am happy to say now that, whatever may happen in the future, I will never play for another Premier League club.

I owe United and Everton everything for giving me my footballing opportunities. Everton and United, along with my family, gave me the support and opportunity to help me achieve my goals and dreams.

It's pretty obvious he's not going to move to Sunderland or somewhere like that and he's clearly been asked who he would like to thank for supporting him or something similar so it's pretty much a non-story IMO.

We need to get the manager and DOF in fairly sharpish if we do want to get the managers targets sorted. A lot of clubs are trying to get deals done before the euro's and the players that people are banging on about on here are being looked at by a lot of other clubs. West Ham reportedly wanting Batshuyai and Mata, Spurs with Janssen. There are gonna be a lot of premiership clubs in for a lot of potentially good young players.
You can have all the money in the world but if your to slow you miss out. I know the transfer window isn't open yet but targets are realistically needing to be identified and if we are waiting on trying to sort out a DOF then we are gonna miss the boat with some really good young players.

It's a very clickbaity article for The Times. Here are his quotes which they say is him "offering an Everton hint"

Manchester United and Everton are the only clubs I have played for as a professional footballer. I am happy to say now that, whatever may happen in the future, I will never play for another Premier League club.

I owe United and Everton everything for giving me my footballing opportunities. Everton and United, along with my family, gave me the support and opportunity to help me achieve my goals and dreams.

It's pretty obvious he's not going to move to Sunderland or somewhere like that and he's clearly been asked who he would like to thank for supporting him or something similar so it's pretty much a non-story IMO.
I'd read that more that he's never going to play for another club in the premier league after United. As in he's going to the US or something.

I am fed up with the Stones thing too, sell to the highest bidder.Same with Rom.If they don't want to play for our great club get rid and replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back