Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strootman may be class, but the injury record is just too daunting to even dream about spending 20 million, much less the 30 million that is supposedly being discussed.

What good is a 100 million kitty if we spend one third of it on a player who may not even be on the pitch...?

Just too large a risk. For that money there has to be more sure fire options.....
Agreed. Strootman can only come in as a loan IMHO, if at all. His injury record is on a par with Gibson's FFS.

Don't be dim. The point is he's been injured for 2 years off the back of one injury, and now it appears to be fixed. Bizarre time to sell.

Eventually a club will become wary about a player though mate, Roma expect to be in the title race - and having a key player who back to back seasons has gone down must make them really wary of repeating the same thing all over again, sometimes its best for both club and player to have a new and fresh start, Roma sell him they can bring in a revamped centre midfield without the constant pendulum of will he break down hanging over the team, which regardless of how he recovers will always be their at Roma now

He goes into a hard 50/50 with us we will be bouncing at it, he does that now at Roma and everyone in the ground will be expecting him to not get up, just the rality of it i think

A lot of hope when we where after yarmolenko i believe was down to realising at the time we woudl be very unlikely to be able to attract a player of that quality at his peak, with the takeover things have chancged slightly, we now can realistically look at players like Witsel and Strootman and have a genuine chance at getting them

Helps the fact Yarmolenko has been utterly terrible for the past 6 months as well though
Not saying we can't afford him/wouldn't be able to attract him, but more in that I'm not sure he's even on RK's shoppinglist.

A lot of hope when we where after yarmolenko i believe was down to realising at the time we woudl be very unlikely to be able to attract a player of that quality at his peak, with the takeover things have chancged slightly, we now can realistically look at players like Witsel and Strootman and have a genuine chance at getting them

Helps the fact Yarmolenko has been utterly terrible for the past 6 months as well though
Brilliant, he will fit right in with the rest of the squad then.

Eventually a club will become wary about a player though mate, Roma expect to be in the title race - and having a key player who back to back seasons has gone down must make them really wary of repeating the same thing all over again, sometimes its best for both club and player to have a new and fresh start, Roma sell him they can bring in a revamped centre midfield without the constant pendulum of will he break down hanging over the team, which regardless of how he recovers will always be their at Roma now

He goes into a hard 50/50 with us we will be bouncing at it, he does that now at Roma and everyone in the ground will be expecting him to not get up, just the rality of it i think

I get ya. Just that Pjanic, Nainggolan and Strootman is one of the best midfields in the world really and they've sold Pjanic already (would rather not have, there was a release clause and they couldn't get him to sign a contract with a bigger one).

Can't see it BUT would be so ridiculously delighted.

I get ya. Just that Pjanic, Nainggolan and Strootman is one of the best midfields in the world really and they've sold Pjanic already (would rather not have, there was a release clause and they couldn't get him to sign a contract with a bigger one).

Can't see it BUT would be so ridiculously delighted.

Another sub text to this is they are supposedly interested in Witsel for cm - as apparently are we... Us getting strootman off them likely cools us on Witsel and opens the way for them to get him in.

Hope we have much more than the reported 100m. The prices of players are going to be crazy this transfer window.

Not looked the same player this season, and since the injury they rushed him back from after the Ukraine league winter break for that City game, he has looked terrible, and thats from one of the blokes who was bigging him up massively, still think with rest and a change of club he would do really well, but right now his stock is at an all time low - wouldn't go above about 12-15m for him and even then would hesitate, distinctly looks to me having seen him a lot that he is playing at about 60% - wouldn't shock me to see him have a suirgery after the Euros as something clearly doesn't look right with him mate
Looks like we dodged a Niasse bullet there mate

Don't be dim. The point is he's been injured for 2 years off the back of one injury, and now it appears to be fixed. Bizarre time to sell.

I think you are being sarcastic, although it isn't clear if you are. Nobody could be so dim as to dismiss a two year long injury in the way you have. An injury that has required three episodes of surgery in a 12 month period.

The reason they want rid is because he has been a crock for the vast majority of his contract, and they would rather offload him to some other mug club, rather than wait and see if he recovers only for his knee to pop once again.

I think you are being sarcastic, although it isn't clear if you are. Nobody could be so dim as to dismiss a two year long injury in the way you have. An injury that has required three episodes of surgery in a 12 month period.

The reason they want rid is because he has been a crock for the vast majority of his contract, and they would rather offload him to some other mug club, rather than wait and see if he recovers only for his knee to pop once again.

Exactly. If the price is right after considering his recent injury history and he comes through a thorough medical, would be worth a punt. Wouldn't be rushing over throwing top dollar at him no matter how good he has been before these injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back