Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a player being out so long as well, I always think there could be problems mentally.

It all comes down to the individual end of the day mate, some just have the mentaility that you'd never know they had even had an injury the way they play afterwards (keane being a good example of that - popped his knee in 97 - came back every bit the same intense aggresive player), some won't ever look the same (Ross apparently was effected by his leg break and doesnt ever look like getting back that bite in a tackle etc - which according to those who watched him as a kid he was known for), and most are somewhere in between and it takes time to get the confidence back (Jagielka being a good example of that after his knee popped)

Going on reports Strootman looked good when he came back and doesn't appear injitially to be gun shy etc, key thing for me is what happens the first time he gets any sort of knock to the knee, will he have belief in it holding or will he become made of glass with any sort of minor knock - Danny Sturridge like

Little to no chance of it happening, but anyone who doesn't think Rooney would massively improve us needs their head examining.

Absolutely ran these last two England games.
I think from our end, there's more chance of it happening now than ever. I just think that Utd having Mourinho now is the only downside, he absolutely loves experienced heads on the pitch.

Yarmolenko is gash, don't let anyone tell you different.

Not looked the same player this season, and since the injury they rushed him back from after the Ukraine league winter break for that City game, he has looked terrible, and thats from one of the blokes who was bigging him up massively, still think with rest and a change of club he would do really well, but right now his stock is at an all time low - wouldn't go above about 12-15m for him and even then would hesitate, distinctly looks to me having seen him a lot that he is playing at about 60% - wouldn't shock me to see him have a suirgery after the Euros as something clearly doesn't look right with him mate

The Yarmolenko ship has gone down with the Martinez one imo.

A lot of hope when we where after yarmolenko i believe was down to realising at the time we woudl be very unlikely to be able to attract a player of that quality at his peak, with the takeover things have chancged slightly, we now can realistically look at players like Witsel and Strootman and have a genuine chance at getting them

Helps the fact Yarmolenko has been utterly terrible for the past 6 months as well though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back