Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
GK: Robles
DEF: Jags, Funes Mori, Stones, Pennington, Galloway, Browning, Baines, Garbutt, Oviedo, Coleman
MID: Barry, Besic, McCarthy, Gibson, Cleverley, Barkley, Mirallas, Deulofeu, Lennon, McGeady
FOR: Kone, Niasse, Lukaku, McAleny, Tarishaj

Youngsters: Kenny, Holgate, Foulds, Ledson, Davies, Dowell, Henen, Connolly, Leandro Rodrigues, Sambou

Definitely a top class goalkeeper, depth needed at RB and up top. World class LW.
If Koeman gets everyone fit and ready to play I don't think there's any immediate demand to buy a whole new team.
2 definite ins, maybe 2-3 squad players with potential to be starters in a year or two and bring in more of the youngsters.

If, as mentioned, we go for a CM (Strootman, Witsel linked) then I hope it's someone who can really push and organise everyone around them on, more than being a superior playmaker. Barkley, Jags, Barry, Baines are all too silent for the role they have in our squad. Need more vocal players who can get the team moving. An on-field general so to speak.

Strootman for sure is a leader, Dutch national captain before his injury problems and recently given the armband right back since returning to the Dutch side, Witsel not so much, but definitely has the snide factor we are missing and agression too

Strootman may be class, but the injury record is just too daunting to even dream about spending 20 million, much less the 30 million that is supposedly being discussed.

What good is a 100 million kitty if we spend one third of it on a player who may not even be on the pitch...?

Just too large a risk. For that money there has to be more sure fire options.....

If we sign him for 30m I will spaff absolutely everywhere. He is an outrageously good player and exactly the sort of signing to push into a new era. Plus is the sort of player that would become a blues hero.

If we're spending 30m on him it's because we deem his health situation to be fine. It's a slight gamble but would be an absolute masterstroke if it was pulled off - he was/is probably a top 10 midfielder in the world.

Lukaku isn't leaving - no-one will pay over £35m for him (and we want £65m) after another disastrous international tournament. We were his only option after an abysmal world cup.
Stones is a tricky one. He might want to go and in that case its £40m+. Depends on how much Koeman rates him I suppose.
Dont think Barkley will ever leave Everton.

Of the rumours and speculation I would be delighted with:

INS
Timo Horn GK - £9m
Kevin Strootman CM - £25m
Pelle - ST - £6m
Van Der Wiel - RB - Bosman
Yarmelenko - LW/RW -£15m

Don't think longs that bad an option if he's 3rd choice. Also it's good to have different types of striker. Maybe 1 small fast technical dribbler type. A target man, long would be an all rounder option and gives good work rate if you need to play bit more defensive.

If we sign him for 30m I will spaff absolutely everywhere. He is an outrageously good player and exactly the sort of signing to push into a new era. Plus is the sort of player that would become a blues hero.

If we're spending 30m on him it's because we deem his health situation to be fine. It's a slight gamble but would be an absolute masterstroke if it was pulled off - he was/is probably a top 10 midfielder in the world.

They may look to incentivise the deal a little to if the knees were a worry. I do worry a little if he's lost a bit of his power with those injuries.

He is a born winner though. he has a Gerrard like quality to him, in that he can do everything, tackle, pass, shoot.

Lukaku isn't leaving - no-one will pay over £35m for him (and we want £65m) after another disastrous international tournament. We were his only option after an abysmal world cup.
Stones is a tricky one. He might want to go and in that case its £40m+. Depends on how much Koeman rates him I suppose.
Dont think Barkley will ever leave Everton.

Of the rumours and speculation I would be delighted with:

INS
Timo Horn GK - £9m
Kevin Strootman CM - £25m
Pelle - ST - £6m
Van Der Wiel - RB - Bosman
Yarmelenko - LW/RW -£15m
I like Horn, but he has a release clause of around £6m. If we are going big money, go for Leno. Guy is class and pretty young too.

GK: Robles
DEF: Jags, Funes Mori, Stones, Pennington, Galloway, Browning, Baines, Garbutt, Oviedo, Coleman
MID: Barry, Besic, McCarthy, Gibson, Cleverley, Barkley, Mirallas, Deulofeu, Lennon, McGeady
FOR: Kone, Niasse, Lukaku, McAleny, Tarishaj

Youngsters: Kenny, Holgate, Foulds, Ledson, Davies, Dowell, Henen, Connolly, Leandro Rodrigues, Sambou

Definitely a top class goalkeeper, depth needed at RB and up top. World class LW.
If Koeman gets everyone fit and ready to play I don't think there's any immediate demand to buy a whole new team.
2 definite ins, maybe 2-3 squad players with potential to be starters in a year or two and bring in more of the youngsters.

If, as mentioned, we go for a CM (Strootman, Witsel linked) then I hope it's someone who can really push and organise everyone around them on, more than being a superior playmaker. Barkley, Jags, Barry, Baines are all too silent for the role they have in our squad. Need more vocal players who can get the team moving. An on-field general so to speak.

I think this is more thn a one season project so whilst the youngsters get older, so do the oldsters... how many of the players above are at their peak?

I think this is more thn a one season project so whilst the youngsters get older, so do the oldsters... how many of the players above are at their peak?

Well, only Jags, Barry and Kone are a couple of years past 30 aren't they?
Baines, Gibson, Mirallas, McGeady, Lennon all just around 30, so hardly aging I guess.

Kone, Gibson, McGeady I'd hardly count as first team starters either so there's time to get it right I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back