Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you look at the squad you see one goalkeeper,” Koeman said.

“You can’t start a season with one goalkeeper.

“But it is not about ‘we need a No2, we need a No3 or we need a No1’.

“No, it is all about numbers of goalkeepers but first of all we need to talk with the people at Everton because I like to hear their opinions because it is important for me to make my decisions.”

When asked about the possibility to returning to St Mary’s to sign his old Southampton players. Koeman said: “I don’t know, it’s difficult.

“I like most of their players of course but we will see what happens and maybe it’s better I don’t make more fight with them
Nice to see mentioned "a No3." I always thought Martinez risked too much with no No3 in our squad at all.

How do you know mate?

Actual how do you know, compared to my normal deliberately arsey how do you know?
Oh don't get me wrong it's not an inside information type of thing or anything like that, just a personal opinion based on what's happening.

Stekelenberg wasn't his first choice at southampton by ability, he came in for a relatively low amount of money loan wise, because he had experience of the country with fulham, and that Koeman knew he would be a relative safe pair of hands until forster came back from injury.

It made perfect sense for southampton at the time, he didn't exactly impress massively for them, and i think he would be aiming a lot higher in the terms of first choice keeper to match the goals and ambitions of the season.

Personally this season i think he will go for a experienced yet solid premier-league type goalkeeper, not someone from abroad, i think we are looking at the likes of tom heaton, begovic, and Krul.

I would love for us to go out and go and get someone like Bernd Leno, Yann Sommer or even Ralf Fahrman from Schalke, but i do think this will be the season of signing safe bets / good premier league level players with the sprinkling of a higher quality player in the mould of witsel, strootman etc.

Just my opinion mate. Sorry if too long!

Oh don't get me wrong it's not an inside information type of thing or anything like that, just a personal opinion based on what's happening.

Stekelenberg wasn't his first choice at southampton by ability, he came in for a relatively low amount of money loan wise, because he had experience of the country with fulham, and that Koeman knew he would be a relative safe pair of hands until forster came back from injury.

It made perfect sense for southampton at the time, he didn't exactly impress massively for them, and i think he would be aiming a lot higher in the terms of first choice keeper to match the goals and ambitions of the season.

Personally this season i think he will go for a experienced yet solid premier-league type goalkeeper, not someone from abroad, i think we are looking at the likes of tom heaton, begovic, and Krul.

I would love for us to go out and go and get someone like Bernd Leno, Yann Sommer or even Ralf Fahrman from Schalke, but i do think this will be the season of signing safe bets / good premier league level players with the sprinkling of a higher quality player in the mould of witsel, strootman etc.

Just my opinion mate. Sorry if too long!

Nope makes sense to me.

All that but mainly he's absolute shoite.

Haha. Just don't see where he'd get a job. Sometimes there are extenuating circumstances to a failed stint but when you've routinely proven that one half of football (defending) is beyond your grasp, then anyone who let's you manage a club is a moron.
Another thing kenwright has learned ! Get in mr moshiri !?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back