Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could well be the deal that has Moshiri so determined to appoint a Director of Football that one, if so - maybe count our loss as a lesson learned - likely to have hastened the exit of all the Martinez back room dross and the bloke himself.

Hate to say i told you so though on this mate, but having seen the bloke play a fair few times over here, i couldn't see what on earth would convince ANY person whose job it is to evaluate players to never mind buy him but at that price...
I'd imagine scouts get a fat finders fee if a player they've recommended signs.

I think Spurs (or Chelsea) were rumoured to be monitoring him. He stands out on FM as he has pace (apparently).

I watch him a lot for the national team. He is fast, tall, good in the air and very strong. Puts his body on the line to block shots and always seems to be in good position. Got caught in a two in one and used his speed to get acrossed and block the shot. Very impressed by him.

They're unhappy because he isn't very good at football and we were advised not to take the risk and Martinez took it.

The players haven't bonded with niasse he hasn't made the effort to get to know them does everything on his own and asked if he could leave in the summer only a few months after joining

Unless a miracle happens it has been a awful deal for all involved

Ofc the player himself got a nice fee and nice wages for jo9ining, his agent got a nice cut of that and Lokomotiv got a massive fee for a piece of crap, and IF he moves again this summer the first two will get another nice payday one way or the other.

One of the most off deals i can remember honestly, very Pulliseque in the way it smells

I'd imagine scouts get a fat finders fee if a player they've recommended signs.

Aye. You'd think the bigger the signing the bigger the cut also. Maybe he knew he was on the way out with Roberto so swindled the club for a pay day?

Speculative but I can't think why else a professional scout would advocate making Niasse our third most expensive player.

Mate the bloke NEVER looked a top player besides in one game against in Europe against a pile of crap when everything went right for him - very similar to a Anichebe performance i saw for us in Europe oncem the bloke was poor at first glance

To play devils advocate a bit, wasn't he Russian leagues player of the year and score a fair few goals last season?

Niasse will now be judged fairly on his merits.
RM was always going to try to justify his signing, because he signed him.
Koeman can use him or lose him as he sees fit.
I ignore all the so-called snippets of insider information about players because imo 99% of it is b......t.

Yeah agreed... but we are going take a big hit on the price ....cos nobody will touch him with a shitty stick.
Crap happends. Looking it back...it was a panic buy from Martinez. ..back then he already knew he was in danger of losing the dresser and the fans.

To play devils advocate a bit, wasn't he Russian leagues player of the year and score a fair few goals last season?

Stated it multiple times on here even prior to us signing him mate, he was never player of the year in Russia, he was never even a player of the season for his team, his form the year before he joined us was meh to say the least and he only played 13 games for them that season, the first half of the Russian season before he joined us in the winter break he had decent goals - but the player of the season stuff was outright lies by whoever reported it. we bought him on him scoring a whopping 8 goals the last season and scoring 12 in 28 games in a terrible league.

If ever a deal stunk of backhanders it was this one

Could well be the deal that has Moshiri so determined to appoint a Director of Football that one, if so - maybe count our loss as a lesson learned - likely to have hastened the exit of all the Martinez back room dross and the bloke himself.

Hate to say i told you so though on this mate, but having seen the bloke play a fair few times over here, i couldn't see what on earth would convince ANY person whose job it is to evaluate players to never mind buy him but at that price...

Fair play mate, you called it from the start, I was just willing to give him every chance, but the more I heard, the more I saw, its quite baffling.

Fair play mate, you called it from the start, I was just willing to give him every chance, but the more I heard, the more I saw, its quite baffling.

Alarm bells rang when the press started printing 'facts' and awards he had won etc that i knew for certain he hadn't mate, that info was coming from somewhere and i can bet it wasn't Naisses agent who had the british papers on speed dial, so must have been coming out the club and someone connected to making the deal happen.

A lot of people still buy that russian player of the year crap and its a smokescreen that without the deal would stink even worse.

Utterly gutted to be correct about this as basically it's 13.5m plus wages that blokes like you have paid their money into the club and seen robbed almost by a dodgy deal

Stated it multiple times on here even prior to us signing him mate, he was never player of the year in Russia, he was never even a player of the season for his team, his form the year before he joined us was meh to say the least and he only played 13 games for them that season, the first half of the Russian season before he joined us in the winter break he had decent goals - but the player of the season stuff was outright lies by whoever reported it. we bought him on him scoring a whopping 8 goals the last season and scoring 12 in 28 games in a terrible league.

If ever a deal stunk of backhanders it was this one
I remember very well that you were opposed to this deal from the start. I don't think Moshiri is a man that would take incompetence or dishonesty lightly.
I know people may blame RM but I wonder if all the blame lay with him...I doubt it.
There must be a number of people involved in a deal of that size, if the deal was of that size, we may not have heard the full story.

I remember very well that you were opposed to this deal from the start. I don't think Moshiri is a man that would take incompetence or dishonesty lightly.
I know people may blame RM but I wonder if all the blame lay with him...I doubt it.
There must be a number of people involved in a deal of that size, if the deal was of that size, we may not have heard the full story.

From memory mate, the only two deals i have been really against was McGeady and Naisse, McGeady at least had the potential to do something - as he was a player who sometimes could really turn it on - like at Celtic for example, Naisse was just garbage and paying 13.5m for a bloke whose 26, played less than 100 games in his career, been deemed not good enough to earn a deal in i think Norway when he was 21-22 after a trial and whose value since Lokomotiv bought him for 3-4m quid had risen by 4 times after scoring 12 goals in two seasons... just seemed so out of place with other deals the management had done and who looked technically poor in Russia ffs

be very very interested if Martinez and his backroom staff had gotten wind that they where all on borrowed time before this deal happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back