Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure that the new management team will already have worked out exactly which position need to be strengthened yet.

There are a couple of places we know we are short, goalkeeper, striker, left winger.

I think the management will wait until later in the transfer window to see what more they need....as cover at least.

A player like Strootman isn't cover, he is a star attraction to build a midfield around.

Coleman and Baines are probably first choice full backs but the manager will need to see Garbutt, Galloway , Gethin Jones and Kenny to see what they have to offer, Connolly and Pennington as well.

They need to look at Davies and Dowell. I am not sure we need cover, I think we need players to come in who are starters.

Thoughts on Koeman, Rudders? Are you back with us full time now?
Alright my mate.
Yeah good appointment I think. Listening to him, seems he takes no cack and talks a bit straighter than my old buddy Martinez. Bout you?
Probs step it up the posting little more towards pre-season, needed a break. Can't deny, I was a gutted when RM was sacked. I am a loyalist as you know. Looking back now though, it was beyond repair and he had to go. Only so many times you can put up with not being able to defend a cross.

I am lurking regularly btw mate. Good to see you doing your thing. As usual, most of your posts make me howl. Keep up the good work sir.

We need centre midfielders more than wingers imo - it's the most important position in the pitch and we really lack any class there. Barry is brilliant but slow and aging, McCarthy has been poor for two seasons and is limited at best. As for Gibson and Cleverley we should only have one on our books and the should be used solely as squad players.

I don't know a lot about Strootman, but if Witsel is as good as he used to be he would be a good signing. Really looking forward to seeing who we bring in, it's a very exciting time to be an Everton fan

its easy to say players wont come. get all the players you want to bring in to a room together and sell them the project when they see the ambition and that we are keeping the likes of Barkley, Stones and delefeou I think you would have a chance. A nice big wage rise will help aswell.

It's as easy to say they'll come as it is to say they won't.

Lukaku for Neto & Marata - You need Juve to agree to that and then all 3 players and agents to want it and agree terms. There's a a reason you don't see many straight swap deals in football. And I can't think of many involving 3 players.

Strootman, Witsel, Rodriques & Milik? On the off chance that real life operates like FIFA16 or FM and the clubs accept the assigned value, give us permission to talk and then they all meet up in the room instead of just sending their agents then how does that go...

"Lads, thanks for coming. Our project is to win loads of stuff and move into a nice ground. Now, I know that there's loads of clubs also doing that and that they're much further down the road than us and throwing more money at it but here's the thing that makes us special. You know Barkley, Stones and Del? Yeah that's right the two lads on the England bench and that Spanish lad who Barca kept sending out on loan and have a buy-back on if he turns out to be a top player? Yeah - we're after keeping them."

Lukaku for Neto & Marata - You need Juve to agree to that and then all 3 players and agents to want it and agree terms. There's a a reason you don't see many straight swap deals in football. And I can't think of many involving 3 players.

Strootman, Witsel, Rodriques & Milik? On the off chance that real life operates like FIFA16 or FM and the clubs accept the assigned value, give us permission to talk and then they all meet up in the room instead of just sending their agents then how does that go...

"Lads, thanks for coming. Our project is to win loads of stuff and move into a nice ground. Now, I know that there's loads of clubs also doing that and that they're much further down the road than us and throwing more money at it but here's the thing that makes us special. You know Barkley, Stones and Del? Yeah that's right the two lads on the England bench and that Spanish lad who Barca kept sending out on loan and have a buy-back on if he turns out to be a top player? Yeah - we're after keeping them."
I'm sure Dels buy-back only applies for 2 years.

point taken. we should know our place and go and buy half a dozen 15mil pound players and hope some good coaching makes them world class.

You lads play far too much fifa / fm Morata is dreadful look at his goal record in italian league would be surprised if he scored 5 goals a season in prem

You lads play far too much fifa / fm Morata is dreadful look at his goal record in italian league would be surprised if he scored 5 goals a season in prem

the leagues are very different. the Italian league is much more defensive and slower paced and so much harder for a striker. i dont think you will find many strikers hitting 20 league goals a season in serie A

the leagues are very different. the Italian league is much more defensive and slower paced and so much harder for a striker. i dont think you will find many strikers hitting 20 league goals a season in serie A

Hiquain scored 36 in that league some of the defending is laughable think that was highest total in europe... Italian league is dreadful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back