Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enough of the Shane Long shouts for christ sake he's poor, good work rate though, yeah let's make him the replacement for our prolific striker. I'm baffled people are still banging this drum, and I've seen shouts of £15-18m :Blink:
NOBODY (sensible) is suggesting him as a replacement for Rom. However he'd be a good option to have, and infinitely better than our current backup strikers

NOBODY (sensible) is suggesting him as a replacement for Rom. However he'd be a good option to have, and infinitely better than our current backup strikers

If by infinitely better you means has a much better workrate then yeah fair do. Comparing him to a finished Kone and whatever niasse is isn't the basis for a signing, I'd be a step up from those 2.

No, not having it, Long isn't, never has been or ever will be a top class forward, 329 apps 82 goals says a lot, Kone 336 apps 111goals and apparently he's an utter carthorse.

If we got Schneids, would it mean Barry or James are on the way out?

Surely we can't have Barry, McCarthy, Besic, Gibson and Schneids

If by infinitely better you means has a much better workrate then yeah fair do. Comparing him to a finished Kone and whatever niasse is isn't the basis for a signing, I'd be a step up from those 2.

No, not having it, Long isn't, never has been or ever will be a top class forward, 329 apps 82 goals says a lot, Kone 336 apps 111goals and apparently he's an utter carthorse.
Personally think he'd be a decent backup option. Not a flagship signingC but they're not going to all be like that.

Also think he'd be an excellent partner for Rom (IF we managed to hold onto him, obviously)

Linked so far with Schneiderlin and Witzel, as good as Barry has been for us we definetly need an upgrade in this position. Both younger and more dynamic, Barry will still stick around and become a squad player. McCarthy and Besic may be surplus to requirements.

As for Gibson

Schneiderlin would be a great addition to the squad in the centre and if he's not in José's plans then I think we'd have a strong chance.

Also,Witsel could be a great asset as from what I've seen he's quick and talented, but I'd worry that he's not had to play to a high standard.

From all accounts he didn't really cut the mustard at Benfica and we all know far too well that the Russian League isn't any measure of a player.

A central midfield selection of Schneiderlin, Witsel, Barkey, Barry, Besic and McCarthy isn't too shabby at all, although I'd expect a departure.

Schneiderlin would be a great addition to the squad in the centre and if he's not in José's plans then I think we'd have a strong chance.

Also,Witsel could be a great asset as from what I've seen he's quick and talented, but I'd worry that he's not had to play to a high standard.

From all accounts he didn't really cut the mustard at Benfica and we all know far too well that the Russian League isn't any measure of a player.

A central midfield selection of Schneiderlin, Witsel, Barkey, Barry, Besic and McCarthy isn't too shabby at all, although I'd expect a departure.
We have Gibson as well mate!

Would think James or Barry would leave! But idk.

We have Gibson as well mate!

Would think James or Barry would leave! But idk.
I purposely left him out as I find it ridiculous that he was given an extension. Great player on his day but seriously doubt his commitment!

Personally, I think Barry should certainly stay as he was often superb last season although not sure if Koeman will like his age and lack of mobility.

McCarthy should be worrying for his place as last season (and the season before) were not shining examples of impressing a new manager.

However, he's got a good engine on him and with some mentorship, primarily on what his role actually is, I think he could be a capable addition.

Basically as you mentioned though it's all guess work on what Koeman sees in the individual, what he wants and where his priorities are.

Why dont you think Witsel "didnt cut the mustard at benfica"?

I purposely left him out as I find it ridiculous that he was given an extension. Great player on his day but seriously doubt his commitment!

Personally, I think Barry should certainly stay as he was often superb last season although not sure if Koeman will like his age and lack of mobility.

McCarthy should be worrying for his place as last season (and the season before) were not shining examples of impressing a new manager.

However, he's got a good engine on him and with some mentorship, primarily on what his role actually is, I think he could be a capable addition.

Basically as you mentioned though it's all guess work on what Koeman sees in the individual, what he wants and where his priorities are.
Haha sorry I thought you'd genuinely just forgotten about 'ar Gibbo. Would be easier if he wasn't in our squad anymore, imo.

McCarthy, played extremely poorly vs Belgium but you are right has a good engine on him. Supposedly he's a bit of a tit too. Hopefully Koeman can give him a kick up the ass, or the boot, whichever is necessary. I would prefer the former, if he can make it work.

If we got Schneids, would it mean Barry or James are on the way out?

Surely we can't have Barry, McCarthy, Besic, Gibson and Schneids

Don't see why not: Barry's class but 102, Gibson the same but can he stay fit.
We need at least 3 CMs plus those 2 I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back