Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see why not: Barry's class but 102, Gibson the same but can he stay fit.
We need at least 3 CMs plus those 2 I reckon.
I just feel like it's an awful lot of CM's who aren't going to play. I forgot about Sniv as well, so there's another player to compensate for.

Wonder if we might finally get that number 10 now. Is Moutinho worth a shout? Getting on a bit but if the fee wasn´t stupendous we could do a lot worse for the coming 2-3 seasons.

Wonder if we might finally get that number 10 now. Is Moutinho worth a shout? Getting on a bit but if the fee wasn´t stupendous we could do a lot worse for the coming 2-3 seasons.
Think that ship has sailed. Aint even that good!

I just feel like it's an awful lot of CM's who aren't going to play. I forgot about Sniv as well, so there's another player to compensate for.

Remember when we played Besic and Barkley there cos Barry, McCarthy, Gibson and Osman were all injured / suspended.
1 and a half fit centre mids out of 6.
Need the depth imo.

Remember when we played Besic and Barkley there cos Barry, McCarthy, Gibson and Osman were all injured / suspended.
1 and a half fit centre mids out of 6.
Need the depth imo.
Wasn't that one of our best performances?
edit; when Barkley played deeper, and Besic got to play?

Watch your mouth
Back when we were trying to sign him, I was all for it - one of the best players on the pitch at Goodison v Sporting Lisbon.

He's just done nothing since. Hasn't played for Portugal since then, either.

edit; actually he probably has I just don't watch portugal

Wasn't that one of our best performances?
edit; when Barkley played deeper, and Besic got to play?

Was good. Point is he only played them out of necessity and if we didn't have 6 choices it would have been something like Ledson and Baines there.

Why dont you think Witsel "didnt cut the mustard at benfica"?
Are you asking me why I hold that belief or agreeing with the view and then asking me the specifics of why he didn't meet the standard?

To answer both questions simultaneously, it's based on a good friend's perspective (who actually is Portuguese and a Benfica fan) on Witsel.

His assessment was that while he had bags of ability and on his day could shine above many others, more often that not he looked fairly average.

Also, his top performances were apparently against opponents of a much lower calibre. He then went to the Russian league which says a lot.

Honestly I've not personally seen much of him bar international games and CL football, and what I have seen he's looked pretty decent.

However, I also highly respect my friend's perspective on players so I'm open to be convinced he'd be good enough in the Premier League.

Off realistic targets we've been linked with;

we could win the league with this bloody team haha

Butland
Coleman Schneiderlin Stones Baines
Deulofeu Strootman Witsel Ziyech
Barkley
Milik

Bench:

Joel Robles
Ramiro Funes Mori
Phil Jagielka
Gareth Barry
Mohamed Besic
Kevin Mirallas

True dat. Hope Koeman gives them a chance, Saints fans don't seem to think he gave their academy grads much love.
Heard that, but maybe because they aren't very good? Or because he didn't want them to just be sold at the next opportunity?

He said in his interview he will use the youth we have anyway!

True dat. Hope Koeman gives them a chance, Saints fans don't seem to think he gave their academy grads much love.

To be fair, He was brutally honest and said none of them were good enough. If they are good enough I believe he'll give them a chance, if they're not then they shouldn't be in just because they're from the academy. I like his straight talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back