Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's unrealistic but if moshiris serious about a marquee signing and lukakus off to psg or the like for £65 mill, why not spend the money on aubameyang from dortmund?
If theirs any truth in city being quoted £65 mill then it's like for like transfer fee, i know where not in europe but he could fire us into the champions league and surely £140k per week could soften the blow of not being in europe for a season?

[Poor language removed] i forgot to put in my post i've always thought that would be his best position

He's an orthodox ball-winning midfielder mate. Unless you're getting it confused with Stones who'd probably be better in central midfield.

I know it's unrealistic but if moshiris serious about a marquee signing and lukakus off to psg or the like for £65 mill, why not spend the money on aubameyang from dortmund?
If theirs any truth in city being quoted £65 mill then it's like for like transfer fee, i know where not in europe but he could fire us into the champions league and surely £140k per week could soften the blow of not being in europe for a season?

Aubameyang would not come here mate unless we were offering consistent CL football, which we aren't. He's one of the best centre forwards in Europe, Real Madrid, United, City all want him. We just can't compete with clubs of that calibre.

I purposely left him out as I find it ridiculous that he was given an extension. Great player on his day but seriously doubt his commitment!

Personally, I think Barry should certainly stay as he was often superb last season although not sure if Koeman will like his age and lack of mobility.

McCarthy should be worrying for his place as last season (and the season before) were not shining examples of impressing a new manager.

However, he's got a good engine on him and with some mentorship, primarily on what his role actually is, I think he could be a capable addition.

Basically as you mentioned though it's all guess work on what Koeman sees in the individual, what he wants and where his priorities are.

I see your point but funnily enough Koeman the player was about reading the game superbly. He might just see Barry as the man to carry out his game plan on the pitch, if only in the short term. Lack of pace is clearly a weakness but can be somwewhat compensated for by good positional sense. Despite having that weakness he was our best player last season.

Granted the competition for that accolade wasn't the highest.

He's an orthodox ball-winning midfielder mate. Unless you're getting it confused with Stones who'd probably be better in central midfield.

i agree he's a solid midfielder particuarly his spell with the south coast cretins, however i noticed with united during set pieces he controlled the box and was often the most vocal in issuing intstructions around him....i think his solid ability in a tackle, his usefullness in the air and his ability to read the game he'd mak an exceptional centre half

Not a chance in hell. He's being courted by the best teams in Europe. We're not like City were with moneybags galore.

i agree he's a solid midfielder particuarly his spell with the south coast cretins, however i noticed with united during set pieces he controlled the box and was often the most vocal in issuing intstructions around him....i think his solid ability in a tackle, his usefullness in the air and his ability to read the game he'd mak an exceptional centre half

I think we're past the whole square peg round hole thing, Morgan is a boss centre mid, buy him and play him centre mid.

The Mirror says Newcastle have told us to pay 25m for Wijnaldum, what a waste that would be. Also says Koeman is interested in Scheiderlin. The Mirror though so good chance it's bull.
Off realistic targets we've been linked with;

we could win the league with this bloody team haha

Butland
Coleman Schneiderlin Stones Baines
Deulofeu Strootman Witsel Ziyech
Barkley
Milik

Bench:

Joel Robles
Ramiro Funes Mori
Phil Jagielka
Gareth Barry
Mohamed Besic
Kevin Mirallas

Thank god you're not a manager

My Southampton supporting friend was devastated when Schneiderlin was sold to Man U. In his opinion he has been criminally under used there since his move. He could be an excellent signing potentially.

*my mate is refusing to talk football since we took Koeman. Shame as he normally has a lot of time for Everton. To be successful you need to be hated though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back