Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mirror says Newcastle have told us to pay 25m for Wijnaldum, what a waste that would be. Also says Koeman is interested in Scheiderlin. The Mirror though so good chance it's bull.

Hope so, don't like Wijnaldum at all. Been anonymous virtually all season.

Witsel is a great technical footballer but he doesn't do anything special and has never been prolific, a poor man's Dembele with no where near the same ball control & strength.

But let's sign him because he's foreign and fancy

I think he's good at adding control to a midfield, which has been sorely lacking.
And of course he has funny hair, which is a big plus point.

[/QUOTE]
Not sure what you two are taking about. With pre-season not starting for a few weeks. And a number of players not probably back until mid July.

In your world he will assess what he's got, which may take till August and then try and buy 4 or 5 players, 2 weeks before the season starts. When all of a sudden his target may be wanted by other clubs in the champions league. Like if man Utd can't get matic they may turn to witsel

I will be amazed if 2 or 3 players aren't brought in. In the next couple of weeks. He's already mentioned about a goalkeeper. Think he will be lining up a CB to with jags 34 and question marks over stones. And a centre mid. As we seemed to be getting linked with a few.

Imo is much easier to buy, and then get rid of players not wanted than the other way around

You cannot spend serious money on a player with Strootman's injury record.

Zenit massively overpaid for Witsel and with one year left on his contract there is no way they get near £30m for him. More importantly he isn't worth it. He's probably better than McCarthy but not a patch on Wanyama or Dembele, at least within the context of the demands of English football.

At this stage we have the media leading with:
1. Players that are being actively hawked by their agents
2. Anyone Dutch
3. Anyone with a link to Koeman from Southampton or elsewhere
4. Previously little heralded players having their 15 minutes at the Euros

Koeman needs to see the squad and figure out what Rom, Stones, Ross want. Until then he can only look at the areas where it is obvious we need to improve, goal-keeper, centre-mid and left midfield.

One or more players could come in these positions but I think we are a month away from serious activity. Not ideal but the consequence of a late manager appointment and the Euros.

You cannot spend serious money on a player with Strootman's injury record.

Zenit massively overpaid for Witsel and with one year left on his contract there is no way they get near £30m for him. More importantly he isn't worth it. He's probably better than McCarthy but not a patch on Wanyama or Dembele, at least within the context of the demands of English football.

At this stage we have the media leading with:
1. Players that are being actively hawked by their agents
2. Anyone Dutch
3. Anyone with a link to Koeman from Southampton or elsewhere
4. Previously little heralded players having their 15 minutes at the Euros

Koeman needs to see the squad and figure out what Rom, Stones, Ross want. Until then he can only look at the areas where it is obvious we need to improve, goal-keeper, centre-mid and left midfield.

One or more players could come in these positions but I think we are a month away from serious activity. Not ideal but the consequence of a late manager appointment and the Euros.
I'd have witsel over wanyama all day. I agree wouldn't pay 30mil for witsel . But I'm not a big fan of wanyama, yes he's strong and powerful but doesn't over much else, Imo he's just a spoiler

And Dembele is a totally different player to wanyama. Up to 12 months ago Dembele was seen as an inconsistent luxury player.

Somehow, get rid of Mcgeady up to the scottish league.

Let Niasse go join some crap team on loan back in Russia, whom will pay his full wages

Not sure what you two are taking about. With pre-season not starting for a few weeks. And a number of players not probably back until mid July.

In your world he will assess what he's got, which may take till August and then try and buy 4 or 5 players, 2 weeks before the season starts. When all of a sudden his target may be wanted by other clubs in the champions league. Like if man Utd can't get matic they may turn to witsel

I will be amazed if 2 or 3 players aren't brought in. In the next couple of weeks. He's already mentioned about a goalkeeper. Think he will be lining up a CB to with jags 34 and question marks over stones. And a centre mid. As we seemed to be getting linked with a few.

Imo is much easier to buy, and then get rid of players not wanted than the other way around[/QUOTE]

It's all about opinions mate, and that's just mine. I understand what you are saying, but even if he has got players in mind (which I'm sure he has) he has also said several times that he firstly needs to address the situations with Stones, Lukaku. Seeing as though they are at the Euro's, those conversations are not going to be taking place any time soon. Those 2 staying/ going will hugely affect his targets id imagine. RK has also said he wants to see players up close to assess what may be required. How can he do that until they return for pre season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back