Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
you know for a laugh we could sign Quincey Promes this summer.

Plus point is he is meant to be decent.

He plays in russia though.

Which one will win out in that situation....?

Lets just give them Niasse, no swap no nothing, good will incase they ever had a player we want.

jib it, just throw in McGeady too

I loved Arteta mate, but Mata is a class above him honestly, Arteta looked the best player in a Moyes team defunct of that much quality, Mata looked Chelseas best player in a squad loaded with quality players

Arteta in his prime (2008 to his injury in 2009) was one of the best all-round midfielders in the league at that time, and had just broken into the Spain squad when he got that injury.

Mata a few years ago was probably the best playmaker in the league.

Arteta in his prime (2008 to his injury in 2009) was one of the best all-round midfielders in the league at that time, and had just broken into the Spain squad when he got that injury.

Mata a few years ago was probably the best playmaker in the league.
Hope mata has some truth behind it. The fella is quality, poty at chelsea and binned off, now been one of uniteds best players (goals + assists from mid) and still under appreciated.

Bring him in and there is a massive creative hold filled straight away, top midfielder on his day, and im personally not stat attacking him after playing under that united team.

If this video doesn't get you hot under the collar, I don't know what will.

Checked out mata - going back to 2007 - when he was 18-19, cannot find a single game he has missed due to injury since he started playing, that actually is a remarkable stat - especially for a creative player like him to never miss a single game through an injury

Checked out mata - going back to 2007 - when he was 18-19, cannot find a single game he has missed due to injury since he started playing, that actually is a remarkable stat - especially for a creative player like him to never miss a single game through an injury
We'll soon see to that. I'm going for a cruciate ligament injury on the eve of the new season following his 35m transfer.

Whilst everybody is getting giddy about high profile names such as Mata, Witsel and Strootman, I feel as a mature and responsible adult I need to just remind people that Leicester won the league last year with a midfield of Drinkwater, Kante (was a bit of an unknown), Albrighton etc etc and a back 4 containing Huth, Simpson and Wes Morgan.

Yes it's nice to be linked with some decent players, but at the end of the day as shown at City. if they do not gel or you pay them too much money, or in the case of our own so called superstars from February onward when the downed tools, it is all irrelevant unless you can get them to gel on the pitch and have a good team spirit.

Whilst everybody is getting giddy about high profile names such as Mata, Witsel and Strootman, I feel as a mature and responsible adult I need to just remind people that Leicester won the league last year with a midfield of Drinkwater, Kante (was a bit of an unknown), Albrighton etc etc and a back 4 containing Huth, Simpson and Wes Morgan.

Yes it's nice to be linked with some decent players, but at the end of the day as shown at City. if they do not gel or you pay them too much money, or in the case of our own so called superstars from February onward when the downed tools, it is all irrelevant unless you can get them to gel on the pitch and have a good team spirit.

Valencia won their league with John Carew up front and he was total mince.

You do get these exceptions but broadly speaking quality players win the trophies. We have to revamp the squad not simply due to quality - in fact I think the first 11 (the right first eleven, not Snivelley and Kone) - but there is the stench of failure about the place currently. Major changes are required for lots of reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back