Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.itv.com/news/update/2016-06-20/everton-make-first-signing-of-koeman-era/

1. June 2016 at 9:48am
Everton make first signing of Koeman era
stream_img.jpg

Ronald Koeman has made his first signing as Everton manager Credit: PA

Everton have made their first signing since appointing Ronald Koeman as manager - acquiring 18-year-old goalkeeper Chris Renshaw from Oldham Athletic.

“I’m really excited for the challenge. I know about the record of how many players Everton have brought through the Academy. That interested me a lot because there seems to be a serious pathway to the first team.

"Every time we played friendlies at Everton, I always used to say the training ground and facilities would make this an amazing club to be at.

"This is a step up but I’m looking forward to it. For me, this year is a development stage, so it’s about trying to get that regular football in the Under-21s.”

– RENSHAW TO EVERTONFC.COM
Last updated Mon 20 Jun 2016

Whilst everybody is getting giddy about high profile names such as Mata, Witsel and Strootman, I feel as a mature and responsible adult I need to just remind people that Leicester won the league last year with a midfield of Drinkwater, Kante (was a bit of an unknown), Albrighton etc etc and a back 4 containing Huth, Simpson and Wes Morgan.

Yes it's nice to be linked with some decent players, but at the end of the day as shown at City. if they do not gel or you pay them too much money, or in the case of our own so called superstars from February onward when the downed tools, it is all irrelevant unless you can get them to gel on the pitch and have a good team spirit.
With this in mind I propose we shop only from League One this year, or at the very least look for players proven to be rubbish and concentrate on establishing a brillliant morale within the squad.

Jokes aside, I still find it unbelievable that Leicester won the league, and with a 10 point gap too. Unreal. While the above was all in jest, they genuinely had players proven to be rubbish (in the Premier League at least), such as Albrighton (released by Aston Villa), Danny Simpson (girlfriend beater ex-Newcastle thug) and the completely average yard dog Huth.

Mad season.

We'll soon see to that. I'm going for a cruciate ligament injury on the eve of the new season following his 35m transfer.

lol thats the spirit mate!

Seriously though, never realsied he was that durable a player, already was in favour - but that record actually makes it a no brainer to try get him in - even more so when you think most of his career hes been playing at top teams who go deep into the cup and europe as well and never to have missed a game is 'phenomenal' as someone might have once said

why would we genuinely sign niasse considering how bad he is?

Because he is meant to be good? Because scouts say so? Top player in russia apparantly?

Same principle applies to Promes.

No he wasn't - he was a player who had a good 3 1/2 month spell in the Russian League mate for a mid table team and his scoring rate was about the same as than the bloke he replaced when he was sold, that bloke was N'Doye - the crap striker that Hull bought for about 3m in the january window the year they went down - and a player they shipped off the same summer after buying him.

How given 3-4 months of good form did we come to pay 4 1/2 times the amount that Hull did for a striekr from the same team who had actually produced similar stats as Naises 4 month spell but over 2 years for the same team?

Most thought until N'Doye was sold that Naisse was leaving at the end of his first season btw, as he kicked up a fuss about wanting to be the main striker etc

The bloke is garbage and an utter waste of money, if we can get anything for him and get his wages off the books then at least that will be something

Whilst everybody is getting giddy about high profile names such as Mata, Witsel and Strootman, I feel as a mature and responsible adult I need to just remind people that Leicester won the league last year with a midfield of Drinkwater, Kante (was a bit of an unknown), Albrighton etc etc and a back 4 containing Huth, Simpson and Wes Morgan.

Yes it's nice to be linked with some decent players, but at the end of the day as shown at City. if they do not gel or you pay them too much money, or in the case of our own so called superstars from February onward when the downed tools, it is all irrelevant unless you can get them to gel on the pitch and have a good team spirit.
How many times have Leicester won the league mate?

Last season was an absolute freak, never to be repeated.

You win the league by having the best players, coached as well as they can be.

Already chastising myself for thinking too much about the prospect of Mata.

it's a realistic deal mate, we can afford him, we can afford his wages, he won't even have to move house, and he has already seen his Intenationjal place lost at United - so not the worry about moving to a lesser in the spotlight team, plus not even in the CL the coming year so only giving up EL games leaving United, all that and the fact the new manager actually hates him and he won't play for United if he stays

it's a realistic deal mate, we can afford him, we can afford his wages, he won't even have to move house, and he has already seen his Intenationjal place lost at United - so not the worry about moving to a lesser in the spotlight team, plus not even in the CL the coming year so only giving up EL games leaving United, all that and the fact the new manager actually hates him and he won't play for United if he stays

This was my reasoning when I mentioned Mata as a potential signing a few weeks ago.

He's a really high-calibre player who'd be a massive statement of intent, but at the same time is entirely attainable.

We can afford wages over £100k, and we'd be able to afford the £25/30mil fee. He's settled in the North West and has a lot of his fellow Spaniards around the area and, as you say, he's a player with a point to prove to try and get himself back in the national side. Every Prem team gets a massive global profile and he'd most likely be the main man for us, where he really would be a spare cog in Mourinho's United side.

It's a no-brainer that we're interested. Whether we'll get him could obviously be a lot different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back