Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was my reasoning when I mentioned Mata as a potential signing a few weeks ago.

He's a really high-calibre player who'd be a massive statement of intent, but at the same time is entirely attainable.

We can afford wages over £100k, and we'd be able to afford the £25/30mil fee. He's settled in the North West and has a lot of his fellow Spaniards around the area and, as you say, he's a player with a point to prove to try and get himself back in the national side. Every Prem team gets a massive global profile and he'd most likely be the main man for us, where he really would be a spare cog in Mourinho's United side.

It's a no-brainer that we're interested. Whether we'll get him could obviously be a lot different.

All absolutely true - and enhanced by Mourinho not rating him in the slightest. Went from player of the year before Mourinho's second spell to being sold.

Brilliant player when fit and motivated. A new era for El Everton.

This was my reasoning when I mentioned Mata as a potential signing a few weeks ago.

He's a really high-calibre player who'd be a massive statement of intent, but at the same time is entirely attainable.

We can afford wages over £100k, and we'd be able to afford the £25/30mil fee. He's settled in the North West and has a lot of his fellow Spaniards around the area and, as you say, he's a player with a point to prove to try and get himself back in the national side. Every Prem team gets a massive global profile and he'd most likely be the main man for us, where he really would be a spare cog in Mourinho's United side.

It's a no-brainer that we're interested. Whether we'll get him could obviously be a lot different.

Interesting that Mata appears to be one fo the Valencia playewrs that Komean said he had a very good relationship with from his time their, following is quotes from Mata in 2014 before they played Saints - not from aninterview but from Mata's own blog - so not the typical 'led question and response' you'd expect'

'It’s going to be a special reunion, since Ronald Koeman was my manager in Valencia when I won my first title as a professional footballer: the Copa del Rey.'

'He was very important in my career because he gave me confidence and I played regularly, which is what every young player needs in his early years.'

So can see Mata now being at a similar 'crossroads' type part of his career that he last faced when a young player may see a reunion as the perfect timing

Mata rumoured to be going to Fenerbache.

Saw those rumours the other day before we had any news from esk on here mate, my first thought was how the hell could they afford his wages let alone afford to actually pay money for him as Fernabache as we know from dealing with them ourselves are absolute misers, remember the Yobo stuff - think a BIG signing for them is about 8m quid

No he wasn't - he was a player who had a good 3 1/2 month spell in the Russian League mate for a mid table team and his scoring rate was about the same as than the bloke he replaced when he was sold, that bloke was N'Doye - the crap striker that Hull bought for about 3m in the january window the year they went down - and a player they shipped off the same summer after buying him.

How given 3-4 months of good form did we come to pay 4 1/2 times the amount that Hull did for a striekr from the same team who had actually produced similar stats as Naises 4 month spell but over 2 years for the same team?

Most thought until N'Doye was sold that Naisse was leaving at the end of his first season btw, as he kicked up a fuss about wanting to be the main striker etc

The bloke is garbage and an utter waste of money, if we can get anything for him and get his wages off the books then at least that will be something
At the time of signing though the message was a little different on how good he had been, hence the POTY tag that seems to follow him about.

Hindsight tells us he was terrible, and sure anyone with any knowledge of the Russian league would have known that (personally, no idea). Just i'm sure if you go back enough it seemed a lot more promising to sign naisse than it really was in reality.

But this is what i mean, we signed him despite him clearly not being a great player. and even overspent on him in the process. We cannot have gone to russia, saw him play and decided he would be the ideal signing for us, no scout would do that if the end result is what we get. That is a massive error in judgement lets be honest.

And considering we had 13.5 million to spend in russia. i'm sure we could have signed much better for that money, even if they werent cut out for the league aka billy

At the time of signing though the message was a little different on how good he had been, hence the POTY tag that seems to follow him about.

Hindsight tells us he was terrible, and sure anyone with any knowledge of the Russian league would have known that (personally, no idea). Just i'm sure if you go back enough it seemed a lot more promising to sign naisse than it really was in reality.

But this is what i mean, we signed him despite him clearly not being a great player. and even overspent on him in the process. We cannot have gone to russia, saw him play and decided he would be the ideal signing for us, no scout would do that if the end result is what we get. That is a massive error in judgement lets be honest.

And considering we had 13.5 million to spend in russia. i'm sure we could have signed much better for that money, even if they werent cut out for the league aka billy

No. You said we signed him 'for a laugh'.

Saw those rumours the other day before we had any news from esk on here mate, my first thought was how the hell could they afford his wages let alone afford to actually pay money for him as Fernabache as we know from dealing with them ourselves are absolute misers, remember the Yobo stuff - think a BIG signing for them is about 8m quid

Turnover wise they have always been in the top 20 clubs. Plus tax rate is much lower than the UK, so wages they are able to offer a less amount compared to us. Van Persie is not playing for free for them.

The problem with Yobo was us offering Heitinga to them as well. We messed up big time with them.

The message about his rep in Russia - POTY crap etc was just outright lies and misinformation by the media - and suplied by someone connected to that deal mate, and no one whatsoever pulled them up about it, which for me stinks to high heaven

I'm not some big Russia Football guru myself, just watch the games on telly as they don't tend to clash with our games and its nice to be able to watch them on the big screen rather than sit at the PC mate, even from that it was blindingly obvious he wasn't good enough and that close on 14m quid was an absolute joke of a fee to pay

Christ mate, Dzagoev, CSKA and the Russian national teams best player - has a buyout of 15m Euros and is actually still younger than Naisse

Naisse had one game when he looked a beast in - a EL tie and honestly IF their wasnt some dodgy dealings that went on, then the scout or Martinez must have signed him based upon that one performance, given martinez and his comments about sometimes falling in love with a player after seeing them once, it actually may be that case, which is an utter joke

Turnover wise they have always been in the top 20 clubs. Plus tax rate is much lower than the UK, so wages they are able to offer a less amount compared to us. Van Persie is not playing for free for them.

The problem with Yobo was us offering Heitinga to them as well. We messed up big time with them.

Aye mate, but normally they get players who are running down contracts, or alternatively are at an age that the parent club just wants their wages off their books as the priority and the fee they get is secondary to that.

Mata has a really high value still to him so can't see him going anyplace like that for a long whilst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back