Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton are exploring the possibility of signing Leicester goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel, 29, and are confident of tying up a £28m deal for 27-year-old Belgium and Zenit St Petersburg midfielder Axel Witsel. (Daily Mail)

Napoli were also keen on Witsel and have now turned their attentions to Udinese midfielder Piotr Zielinski, 22. Liverpool are also interested in the Poland international. (Talksport)

Talksport also quoting 18m for Matic to Juve.

Repeatitive rubbish day after day. Becoming painful though lads. Stress levels wrecking my heart.

Remember when players use to fail medicals at Everton fairly often. Imagine the fume if mata did and went and signed for stoke.

Thankfully those day have gone. Hopefully. Hurry up mosha lad.

Its good we are looking at players who are between 25-30 and at their prospective best. It shows an intention that the younger lads are still learning and heavy responsibility will not be placed upon them.

Last season we relied too much on Barkley, Deulofeu and Lukaku and they will still play an important role at the club, the likes of Mata and Witsel or maybe Schneiderlin can take that weight off their shoulders a bit and allow them to develop correctly.

I think if we sign these players it gives us a good mixture of experience and inexperience but although you could argue Lukaku is experienced, he really isn't and these players will be great for him and others to be around.

i think its always tricky when a club comes into money, i think you just need that one signing to kick things off, but it does take balls for the first big signing to sign, then the others are like "oi you see that? seems legit now"

Pretty much, From the press on the outside looking in.
If we truly manage these coups, The press will have to accept were a changing animal...it seems for whatever reason this would not be liked. I hope we do.....they don't like it up em

They want this seasons narrative to be all about the clash of managers Mourinho, Guardiola, Klopp, Conte and Wenger.

It'd kind of spoil it should Everton threaten to actually strengthen their team enough to be in the mix, as then they'd be forced to write about us, same with Spurs to a degree and Leicester, they'd rather we all just dropped down into being a side note to the season whilst those battle it out.

Can guarantee that a lot of these tabloid journo's have already written a opinion piece about Leicester collapsing this season and are hoping that they can use it the first few months of the season for example. Imagine being a Leicester fan now, teams just won the league and every single one of your half decent players has been linked with multiple moves away already - utter joke, can't stand Vardy but made up he re-signed for them, hope Kante and Mahrez do as well as the media won't be able to actually understand why they haven't moved to a 'bigger/better' team

Be interesting to see how many of the writers who fawn over Chelsea and City now, in the early days after their takeovers slagged them off and ridiculed them - and bet it's a high % of them that did

Bet every sports writer out their will have there top 4 next season comprising of United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal (at least 3 of those) and an occasional one will stick Spurs, the rs or West Ham in the top 4 just to be different (probably at Chelsea's expense).

They will ofc ignore the fact that United have a manager now who absolutely fell came to pieces in his last job and it's yet to be seen if he will recover from the first really big failure in his career, Liverpool have a manager who led them to their worst overall performance in 17 years. Chelsea have a manager whose coming from international football (which has a dodgy record in the league of working) and who will be completely new to the league and type of footy played (how many teams are gonna attack Chelsea and let them counter like Italy do?), City have Mourinho - whose brand of footy has never won anything in this league and whose imitators as we know well enough have failed dramatically. Wenger in his last season - so who knows how the Arsenal squad will play this year - will they do a City last year after Pelligrini announced he was going?

Ofc the media will utterly ignore all that, and will also ignore the evidence that the rest of the league is continuing to do what it's done the past 2-3 seasons and strengthen comparatively more than the top teams - so are year by year closing the gap in talent.

Next season any of about 10 teams could win this league, it's all about taking advantage if the chance comes.

Mirallas was one of our best players last season, and he only played a handful of games due to [Poor manager removed]. He looked consistent in those games, and I think he'll be a different player under Koeman.
Mirallas wasn't even close to being one of our best players last season. He performed better than Mcgeady and Niasse, that's about it. That doesn't even put him in our top 5 attacking players based on last season.

Its good we are looking at players who are between 25-30 and at their prospective best. It shows an intention that the younger lads are still learning and heavy responsibility will not be placed upon them.

Last season we relied too much on Barkley, Deulofeu and Lukaku and they will still play an important role at the club, the likes of Mata and Witsel or maybe Schneiderlin can take that weight off their shoulders a bit and allow them to develop correctly.

I think if we sign these players it gives us a good mixture of experience and inexperience but although you could argue Lukaku is experienced, he really isn't and these players will be great for him and others to be around.

We had Jags, Coleman, Baines, Barry, Clevz last year but I think you make a very good point. Wise and experienced quality players will hopefully allow the young guys to flourish and take some of the pressure off. I want to see more of the Barkley from Barcodes away 2 seasons ago.

Reading about the Pelle link from the echo yesterday. I like him but this caught my eye

"But the Dutchman may yet have to convince Everton's hierarchy that Pelle is worth the money that Southampton would ultimately demand."

Maybe there isn't the money there that there's meant to be?

Reading about the Pelle link from the echo yesterday. I like him but this caught my eye

"But the Dutchman may yet have to convince Everton's hierarchy that Pelle is worth the money that Southampton would ultimately demand."

Maybe there isn't the money there that there's meant to be?
As I keep getting told its the echo, and maybe the board aren't convinced that a 31 year old is worth the amount they are asking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back