Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I keep getting told its the echo, and maybe the board aren't convinced that a 31 year old is worth the amount they are asking?

Yea suppose that's right. He's a workhorse who will work harder than Lukaku, but as you say he's getting on so might not be the best option. But don't forget a "getting on" Van Persie's goals won the league for UTD so you never know in footy. that's why we love it :drunk:

What we are (hopefully) about to find out is that the echo literally has no clue anymore, they have barely mentioned mata as being realistic but yet our reliable posters on here are saying it's as good as done

Mirallas wasn't even close to being one of our best players last season. He performed better than Mcgeady and Niasse, that's about it. That doesn't even put him in our top 5 attacking players based on last season.

Debatable. Granted he was pentulant at times and certainly if we sold him on the basis of that then fair enough. But especially in the last third of the season you could see how effective he was when martinez was plodding the same tactics and players each week. When we were crying out for an attacker to just try and score he seemed to start popping up when he got onto the pitch, scored a few on the run in as well.

If his attitude was tied to the manager then i'd still want him to stay, but if he is going to be like that at the first sign of losing his place then i would sell him. But generally he is one of our top attackers on the pitch, a nice change to everyone looking to pass to rom, having someone who wants to score themselves is a good option to have.

Reading about the Pelle link from the echo yesterday. I like him but this caught my eye

"But the Dutchman may yet have to convince Everton's hierarchy that Pelle is worth the money that Southampton would ultimately demand."

Maybe there isn't the money there that there's meant to be?

Or the club are not just bankrolling the general wishes of the manager and wanting to use their finances wisely. So not just doing a liverpool or united and throwing whatever price tag is at that player and actually making sure they are spending wisely on the right players.

i think its always tricky when a club comes into money, i think you just need that one signing to kick things off, but it does take balls for the first big signing to sign, then the others are like "oi you see that? seems legit now"
that is true. this is why sorting out the Witsel and Mata deals are so important right now, them two being here sooner rather than later convinces players later in the window to come over here rather than necesserily take the easy options if they come available.

If you were a midfielder or striker for arguments sake, you would jump at the chance to work with a midfield that is clearly being built again with much higher quality of talent than recent league form suggests it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back