Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll both be finishing the season at 29 and 28.

Footballers have a short career, hardly spring chickens, are they?
age also brings experience though mate.

Mata for arguments sake has won nearly every honour at club and country. so he is a winner and is experienced in being in winning teams. Combined with a manager who also has in his career means you aren't signing a 28 year old player on the decline, but an important one who will be one of the first to stand up and be counted when they need to be.

we need winners in this team, and mata at 28 has at least 3 years left of his prime and is a perfect player to be alongside ross, besic and the like

"And finally, the Dutch media say the Blues will sign six new players this season - and have even gone to the trouble of naming them.

Voetbal Primeur have given their opinion on how Koeman's side will line up, with Martins Indi amongst the new faces.

Axel Witsel, Mata, Marko Arnautovic and Quincy Promes are also in the starting line-up, though so is Stekelenburg in goal - an unlikely scenario.

Memphis Depay and Nacer Chadli are also mentioned as possibilities, mind you."

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...erton-transfer-rumours-martins-indi-11573372?

"And finally, the Dutch media say the Blues will sign six new players this season - and have even gone to the trouble of naming them.

Voetbal Primeur have given their opinion on how Koeman's side will line up, with Martins Indi amongst the new faces.

Axel Witsel, Mata, Marko Arnautovic and Quincy Promes are also in the starting line-up, though so is Stekelenburg in goal - an unlikely scenario.

Memphis Depay and Nacer Chadli are also mentioned as possibilities, mind you."

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...erton-transfer-rumours-martins-indi-11573372?
I'd be very happy to sign Arnautovic as well.

All of these players in their late 20s which for some appears to mean they are soon to be at deaths door - perhaps we can have Dignitas as our next shirt sponsor and just do the decent thing for them when the time comes.

Either that or some sort of Logans Run scenario where we all stand and chear as they walk through the Stars in your Eyes type gate of lights and dry ice - to the waiting vet and a big needle.

that is true. this is why sorting out the Witsel and Mata deals are so important right now, them two being here sooner rather than later convinces players later in the window to come over here rather than necesserily take the easy options if they come available.

If you were a midfielder or striker for arguments sake, you would jump at the chance to work with a midfield that is clearly being built again with much higher quality of talent than recent league form suggests it should be.

For example imagine the chat with Strootman or Schneiderlin, 'yeah we want you to play centre mid next to Tom Cleverley or James McCarthy or a 36 yo Barry', now change that to 'we will pair you up in centre mid with Alex Witsel' know which one is more likely to get them to come to us

For example imagine the chat with Strootman or Schneiderlin, 'yeah we want you to play centre mid next to Tom Cleverley or James McCarthy or a 36 yo Barry', now change that to 'we will pair you up in centre mid with Alex Witsel' know which one is more likely to get them to come to us

try not to talk of strootman while i have a fresh pair of pants on.

age also brings experience though mate.

Mata for arguments sake has won nearly every honour at club and country. so he is a winner and is experienced in being in winning teams. Combined with a manager who also has in his career means you aren't signing a 28 year old player on the decline, but an important one who will be one of the first to stand up and be counted when they need to be.

we need winners in this team, and mata at 28 has at least 3 years left of his prime and is a perfect player to be alongside ross, besic and the like
I want Mata to sign, he is my top target. My gripe is with bringing in too many players around that age.

I don't want Pelle being brought in. He hasn't ever set the league alight and is pushing 30.

Remember when United signed a 29 year old Van Persie and he won them the league mate?
As I said to Ashtonian, I don't mind us signing Mata.

It is if we are brining in 3 players 28+ then there becomes an age problem within the squad. The likes of Mirallas, Baines, Jagielka and Barry are all of that age already.

And remember us getting Paul Power,who was getting on a bit,and winning the League.

We signed Andy Gray just before he turned 28, Signed Reid when he was 26, could argue strongly that although that 84-87 team was a young one, the key thing in turning it from potential into achieving and winning things was those two coming in with experience (and huge question marks over there fitness)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back