Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want Mata to sign, he is my top target. My gripe is with bringing in too many players around that age.

I don't want Pelle being brought in. He hasn't ever set the league alight and is pushing 30.

Pelle to me is an akward one, because i don't mid his age if he does a specific job for the team. The problem being price, and more specifically price to Koeman rather price to sell. That may be a factor that has the deal not happening, we aren't going to be putting any significant funds (over 10 million especially) on players with zero resell value. We probably aren't looking for that hence the 27 and 28 year olds being targeted but ideally we don't want to be replacing the new signings for another 2-3 years at least.

I want Mata to sign, he is my top target. My gripe is with bringing in too many players around that age.

I don't want Pelle being brought in. He hasn't ever set the league alight and is pushing 30.

Pelle is understandable because he's not a top player and never has been, AND he's 31. Mata is still a top player, multiple trophy winner at club and international level. Him and Witsel are in their prime, a good 3/4 seasons out of those two players would be well worth the £50m or so we're paying

Pelle to me is an akward one, because i don't mid his age if he does a specific job for the team. The problem being price, and more specifically price to Koeman rather price to sell. That may be a factor that has the deal not happening, we aren't going to be putting any significant funds (over 10 million especially) on players with zero resell value. We probably aren't looking for that hence the 27 and 28 year olds being targeted but ideally we don't want to be replacing the new signings for another 2-3 years at least.

Someone please take his crack vape pipe off him, he's vaped out of his skull again.

As I said to Ashtonian, I don't mind us signing Mata.

It is if we are brining in 3 players 28+ then there becomes an age problem within the squad. The likes of Mirallas, Baines, Jagielka and Barry are all of that age already.
Despite the stick you're getting you do make a fair point like.

Koeman as we know never sticks around at one club for long so perhaps he's wants the "here and now" squad.

But when he buggers off in a few seasons time the new manager will have a big rebuilding job to do.

Thankfully we seem to have a very good academy, let's hope they progress as hoped.

who cares how much and how old, let the manager an Moshiri decide what's best to take us forward...

We've hired a top manager, let him do his job.

Championship manager has killed football forums......
Never been one for games personally, but yeah - I'd rather people base their opinions of players on the actual player, rather than a computerised mathematical model that never has good/bad days like real people.

Bring in Mata , Witsel and top keeper and we are ready to challenge the top 4.

If Stones and / or Lukaku leave they need replacing.

Apart from that decent back up at striker and right back would be perfect.

Bring in Mata , Witsel and top keeper and we are ready to challenge the top 4.

If Stones and / or Lukaku leave they need replacing.

Apart from that decent back up at striker and right back would be perfect.

I agree on that our first team would look like this then

Position First Team
GK NEW
LB Baines
CD Stones
CD Mori
RB Coleman
DM Witsel
M Mata
M Barkley
LW Mirallas
A Lukaku
RW Del

Then we have ok backup also, but change Niasse would be nice

Position Second Team
GK Stekelenburg
LB Garbutt
CD Jagielka
CD Galloway
RB Browning
DM Barry
M McCarthy
M Besic
LW Tarashaj
A Niasse
RW Lennon

Then the third line have some players that should be sold and let the youngsters have a shout

Position Third Team
GK Robles
LB Oviedo
CD Pennington
CD Holgate
RB Kenny
DM Gibson
M Davies
M Cleverly
LW Dowell
A Kone
RW McGeady

I agree on that our first team would look like this then

Position First Team
GK NEW
LB Baines
CD Stones
CD Mori
RB Coleman
DM Witsel
M Mata
M Barkley
LW Mirallas
A Lukaku
RW Del

Then we have ok backup also, but change Niasse would be nice

Position Second Team
GK Stekelenburg
LB Garbutt
CD Jagielka
CD Galloway
RB Browning
DM Barry
M McCarthy
M Besic
LW Tarashaj
A Niasse
RW Lennon

Then the third line have some players that should be sold and let the youngsters have a shout

Position Third Team
GK Robles
LB Oviedo
CD Pennington
CD Holgate
RB Kenny
DM Gibson
M Davies
M Cleverly
LW Dowell
A Kone
RW McGeady

It's fantastic that we would have so many options.

Personally I'd like to see a diamond in midfield of Besic holding , Wisel and Barkley in front of him with Mata as the tip of the diamond.

This would allow us to play a support striker with Lukaku ( say Mirallas )

All of these players in their late 20s which for some appears to mean they are soon to be at deaths door - perhaps we can have Dignitas as our next shirt sponsor and just do the decent thing for them when the time comes.

Either that or some sort of Logans Run scenario where we all stand and chear as they walk through the Stars in your Eyes type gate of lights and dry ice - to the waiting vet and a big needle.

We could play friendlies in Switzerland and hope no-one notices when the squad is slightly smaller on the flight back. Not too sure about Logansrun, mind. Looks great in the Danish league, but I don't think he'd cut it over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back