Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton, this. For all of The Esk's confident tweets about us signing Mata and Witsel, it's clear neither will sign. There can be no reason for the deals having dragged on so long if, at the time of his posting - close to two weeks ago - things were looking so certain to get the players in. I expect we'll simply fail to get that calibre of player in, as loads of teams at our level and better than us can offer just as attractive wages. Now we move on to being "close" to signing complete unknown players for 8-digits. So much for a new era.
How is it clear neither will sign for us? I doubt the club, players and agents are in as much of a rush as the Grand Old Team message board.

Nothing is likely to happen with koeman in austria how long until they r due back?

I think you may find that Austria is a fairly modern country that has good reliable infrastructure allowing for easy connection and communications around the modern world.

It’s not as though big Ron is visiting the long lost Umbogtobili tribe in the far reaches of the Amazon where even the canopy is too dense to allow the use of a satellite phone.

We do however need to hope that the clubs transfer business is not routed through the GOT Servers !!

I appreciate that signing multi-million pound deals takes time, but for once, it would be lovely to wrap a signing up within a month of us being confirmed as being in talks with the player.

Get in, glad to see this open for business again :)

black-friday-shoppers-duck-under-the-opening-door-of-a-sears-store-at-picture-id134083883

For all the post Euro 16 talk in the media about a lack of quality in the game, I don't accept that. For a club in our position, as well as having to offer a premium to better/big name players to 'convince' them to join, we just have to go the extra mile in making the best use of the European and global market. Signings have to be judged on value vs. contribution, I'm not particularly concerned whether the players signed are 'big' names, simply on the impact they make over the length of their stay, the more immediate the better. Improving players on an individual level and gelling them into a team that was perhaps greater than the sum of its parts was Koemans forte at Southampton.

There are I assume, at least 3 or 4 viable signing options for every position we want to strengthen. I imagine overall, we will be rebuffed by club/player/agent a good deal more than we will succeed, that is just the nature of it. We are not part of the elite that can seemingly on occasion click fingers to make signings.

As others have said, the untold damage of 3 decades of mismanagement - footballing, financial, and reputational, is simply not going to overcome in a single summer. That said, I would expect the club to deliver as a minimum, on 5-6 signings in areas where reinforcements are obviously needed. I'm still confident that the work being done will come to fruition in the coming weeks. We can only properly assess the signings made over time.

Think it will just take one or 2 big signings to kick everything off which is usually the way

City looking at other options at CB now (Hernandez at Athletico) as they wait on Stones and Bonucci.

Rugani (young CB) from Juve mentioned on few sites last night and this morning. Again Juve waiting to see what happens with Bonucci as they wont want to lose both id imagine. fact we seem to have back up plans to other targets is a change I suppose. Wont panic if we fail to get initial targets. Trust Koeman to bring in what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back