Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rui Patricio had one good game, it happened to be the final, and he was on show. hes not great.

its like picking Robles on the west ham FA cup game.

pmmCD2N.jpg

MODS: Just made a new banner image, it's a truer reflection of this thread.

Rui Patricio would be my pick following those Euro's, with Tom Heaton also a contender

All the top keepers are locked up at the moment, so we'll have to spend a lot to get one or go for the next tier down (Such as a Begovic)

Forster and Butland are both tied down to long deals, Lloris won't want to leave title contenders for us, Buffon can't have much left in the tank, no way Neuer would trade in playing for one of the biggest clubs on Earth to come to us etc

But yeah, Begovic is hardly the worst we could get and he's better than what we currently have, even if he's not exactly a thrilling signing

Just chuckling my head off at this bit, it's obviously a joke/satire but the way it's just been so nonchalantly thrown in there in the middle of a sensible post makes it all the more amusing

Everton, this. For all of The Esk's confident tweets about us signing Mata and Witsel, it's clear neither will sign. There can be no reason for the deals having dragged on so long if, at the time of his posting - close to two weeks ago - things were looking so certain to get the players in. I expect we'll simply fail to get that calibre of player in, as loads of teams at our level and better than us can offer just as attractive wages. Now we move on to being "close" to signing complete unknown players for 8-digits. So much for a new era.

no butters

Just chuckling my head off at this bit, it's obviously a joke/satire but the way it's just been so nonchalantly thrown in there in the middle of a sensible post makes it all the more amusing

I love Everton mate, but I'll call a spade a spade

Bayern are members of the Top European Elite and Spurs are definately more likely of winning the title than we are

If Lloris was to leave, it would be to a club with more chance of success than Spurs currently have, which at this moment in time isn't us, and Neuer leaving Bayern for anyone other than a Real Madrid/Barcelona sized club would be seen as a big step down for him

We're a big club, but we're not Bayern size

Clubs like them are living in a different universe to clubs like us, even with our TV money and new investment

I love Everton mate, but I'll call a spade a spade

Bayern are members of the Top European Elite and Spurs are definately more likely of winning the title than we are

If Lloris was to leave, it would be to a club with more chance of success than Spurs currently have, which at this moment in time isn't us, and Neuer leaving Bayern for anyone other than a Real Madrid/Barcelona sized club would be seen as a big step down for him

Don't think anyone could disagree with any of that, just funny seeing those players' names appearing in the Everton transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back