Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
New major shareholder, new board members, new manager, same old Everton ineptitude in the transfer market.
Looking forward to seeing Kone and Gibson line up against Spurs in a few weeks time.
At this rate one injury to Besic, combined with McCarthy having missed half of pre-season due to the Euros and his extended holiday, and Gibson is starting against Spurs. :lol:

I honestly believe it is simply because no-one will pay the asking price for him. Give it another year and they might do, especially if we gain success off the back of his goals.

but if someone would pay what we want then i believe he would be going. I would also imagine a new contract offered also comes with the release clause that his agent wants him to have to make it easier next time to sell him.

Totally agree with you here. Whether he stays or goes but the end of this transfer window he will be on more money at Everton or elsewhere. I think we are right to hold out for the large fee and if no one will pay it then it removes the large difficulty in trying to replace him for next year. I'm sure his tune will change when he is on a large new contract, even if only for this season...

Sadly we all forget that Rom is still a kid surrounded by ill advised individuals, his father believes in him more than he does. His agent keeps having pops at EFC, that's his job so ignore them. I believe he will stay on an improved contract with an exit fee but we must insist that such a clause can only be used after two years thus giving him and us a break from all the speculation.

Totally agree with you here. Whether he stays or goes but the end of this transfer window he will be on more money at Everton or elsewhere. I think we are right to hold out for the large fee and if no one will pay it then it removes the large difficulty in trying to replace him for next year. I'm sure his tune will change when he is on a large new contract, even if only for this season...
See the issue with lukaku (or for lukakau) is that he is a victim of the transfer window. For arguments sake is sterling worth 40 odd million? Is stones worth 50 million? right now no, but 5 years down the line they could be. It is almost like the market has turned into buying the total potential of a player rather than buying the player as they are in this country. This is why the likes of richie, ibe, deeney to name a few are going for higher amounts also, they could be key players for clubs so paying a premium for them now.

So the 55/60/65 million we are asking for is not what he is worth but what he could be worth to us. Suarez went for roughly 62 and look at him now. So based on lukaku's record so far in his career, it is not wide of the mark to say he could end up being a top striker and therefore asking for such a high amount is justified from us not to just be a feeder club to other teams.

Okay Mata or Wijnaldum as our new number 10?

Thats not even a question...! Mata all day long.

However for the right price (it would have to be the right price), I wouldn't be averse to bringing him in to improve the squad. He has talent he probably just needs the right man to get the consistency right... same can be said of a lot of our current squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back