Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly if we weren't constantly hitting the F5 button with hope or absolute fume, have we anything better to do.......

This is keeping me so entertained and occupied while there is no actual football on we will miss it once the window closes and countdown to the winter transfer window.

While typing this had a vision of Adam Sandler in Happy Glimore toughening up in front of a baseball machine. :Blink::oops:lol

Need a top-class GK, top-class CB, RB cover and striker cover.

We'd go far with this starting XI imho:

Forster

Coleman (c), Koulibaly, Mori, Baines

Witsel, Barkley

Deulofeu, Mata, Mirallas

Lukaku

Van Rhijn RB cover, Shane Long striker cover. Tarashaj can play on the left and we have Barry etc. on the bench for a more defensive option in midfield.

In the Space of 30 days:-

• The entire country has taken part in a EU referendum and voted out.
  • Changed Prime Minster.
  • Watched the labour party split in two and trigger a new leadership vote.
  • Watched the Pound fall to historic lows.
  • Watched the stock market hit new highs post EU vote.
  • Andy Murray has won Wimbledon twice.
  • England RU side beat the Aussies for the first time 3-0 in there own back yard.
  • British cyclists are setting new records in the Tour De France.

.....and we cannot get 1 big player over the line.

"RELEASE THE LIONS AND HYENAS"

There's only been 8 and half working days since the transfer window opened and we have a new manager that needed to assess the squad before he knew who his targets would be.

If we were in this situation on the 13th of August then ya it'd be time to panic but were nowhere near that yet. Our Euros players aren't even back in training yet.

It's a good looking team but I'd be very surprised if we played next season without a CDM... Witsel is more of a box to box player. They'll sign someone for this position unless Koeman falls in love with Besic.

Need a top-class GK, top-class CB, RB cover and striker cover.

We'd go far with this starting XI imho:

Forster

Coleman (c), Koulibaly, Mori, Baines

Witsel, Barkley

Deulofeu, Mata, Mirallas

Lukaku

Van Rhijn RB cover, Shane Long striker cover. Tarashaj can play on the left and we have Barry etc. on the bench for a more defensive option in midfield.

I know there is still a lot of time left...but I would have liked to seen something concrete in place before Austria training was over. I think this preseason would/will be critical. Need to have the new people acclimated ya know?

There is no rush.

Do people really think the manager doesn't know what he's doing?

He's looking at the players in Austria. He's been here about 10 minutes. Let him look at what we have.

I swear we will be fine.

... but 4 weeks on Saturday is approaching quickly. Beginning to remind me of that horrendous business with Martinez dragging out. Don't blame Koeman but wonder if the office staff are on the same clock as the rest of the country.

... but 4 weeks on Saturday is approaching quickly. Beginning to remind me of that horrendous business with Martinez dragging out. Don't blame Koeman but wonder if the office staff are on the same clock as the rest of the country.

I agree it's not too far off but I'm certain the new manager won't let it be an issue. In fact I'm certain he isn't already.

He's looking at the squad. I know we all like a new player or 8 but if he sees something in say Jonjo Kenny and is like, hey I don't need a right back. We are sorted.

We will be prepared.

H
I agree it's not too far off but I'm certain the new manager won't let it be an issue. In fact I'm certain he isn't already.

He's looking at the squad. I know we all like a new player or 8 but if he sees something in say Jonjo Kenny and is like, hey I don't need a right back. We are sorted.

We will be prepared.

He might struggle to see anything in Kenny as he is with England U19's not in Austria, but totally agree. As long as we're not missing out on viable targets important to see what he's got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back