Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they? None of them were trusted by Martinez to play in our two biggest games of the season. Granted Browning wasn't fit but even if he was I doubt he would have played.

They are good young players with potential but they should never be the only backup to an injury prone player. We need to bring someone decent in so the younger players will have to earn their place. If they are good enough then there won't be a problem just the same way Garbutt will have to earn his place this season in competition with Oviedo.

At the very least we still need a No 10, CDM, GK and cover for RB and ST.

Martinez also thought Antolin Alcaraz was worthy of playing in the away game against Kiev

His decision not to play those lads is hardly a damming indictment (Also, Browning was out with an injury, and he almost certainly would have played if fit)

In the Space of 30 days:-

• The entire country has taken part in a EU referendum and voted out.
  • Changed Prime Minster.
  • Watched the labour party split in two and trigger a new leadership vote.
  • Watched the Pound fall to historic lows.
  • Watched the stock market hit new highs post EU vote.
  • Andy Murray has won Wimbledon twice.
  • England RU side beat the Aussies for the first time 3-0 in there own back yard.
  • British cyclists are setting new records in the Tour De France.

.....and we cannot get 1 big player over the line.

"RELEASE THE LIONS AND HYENAS"

Have they? None of them were trusted by Martinez to play in our two biggest games of the season. Granted Browning wasn't fit but even if he was I doubt he would have played.

They are good young players with potential but they should never be the only backup to an injury prone player. We need to bring someone decent in so the younger players will have to earn their place. If they are good enough then there won't be a problem just the same way Garbutt will have to earn his place this season in competition with Oviedo.

At the very least we still need a No 10, CDM, GK and cover for RB and ST.
I don't trust Martinez was a sane human being by this point anyway.

• Changed Prime Minster,
  • Watched the labour party split in tow and trigger new leadership vote
  • Andy Murray has won Wimbledon twice
  • England beat the Aussies for the first time 3-0 in there own back yard
  • British cyclists are setting new records in the Tour De France

But we did sign Stekelenberg. So there's that.

Martinez also thought Antolin Alcaraz was worthy of playing in the away game against Kiev

His decision not to play those lads is hardly a damming indictment (Also, Browning was out with an injury, and he almost certainly would have played if fit)
Would he?

He's a CB with only a few games under his belt.

I probably would have played one of them but you are having a laugh if you are saying you would have preferred to play one of them rather than have someone like a fit pre-injury Oviedo available instead.

• Changed Prime Minster.
  • Watched the labour party split in two and trigger a new leadership vote.
  • Andy Murray has won Wimbledon twice.
  • England RU side beat the Aussies for the first time 3-0 in there own back yard.
  • British cyclists are setting new records in the Tour De France.

Fair play to murray like, did he have to play twice as many games to win it twice in a month?

Legend him like.

I am quietly confident we will see some things fall into place this week. Reading between the lines of @The Esk posts it sounds to me like the Witsel transfer is all but over the line and people are only flapping because some no-mark says he is signing for Napoli and now Inter. It also sounds like Mata has made his mind up that his and Mourinho's reunion was never going to last long and he would quite like to play for a manager who he already has worked for and already installed as his main man once in his career.

We do desperately need a keeper but I do think this may already be sorted too in the form of Begovic and although he wouldnt have been my first chice I think he may prove to be an astute piece of business.

Winjaldum I must admit to being a bit meh about.... It does look like he coasts through games but if you look at his stats overall for his first season in the prem last year there must be a player somewhere in there. I dont know where we would shoe-horn him in though, personally I am hoping that we can get Barkley playing as a box to box midfielder this season with Mata as a 10. Is Winjaldum a better option than Mirallas on the left? I know I would prefer an absolute gas merchant if we are looking for someone for the left side but also understand people calling for Perisic.

We do need another centre half as it looks inevitable that Stones will go but there are plenty of good defenders out there who can make us defensively sounder. We may lose a better footballer in losing John Stones but I would think that as formerly a world class defender himself Koeman will know exactly what he wants and what is required.

One thing I do know is that the Martinez days of not practising defending from corners and set pieces is at an end and we can only be a better team for it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back