Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we?

We have Coleman and then Kenny, Browning and Pennington who can all play there if needs be and have all shown themselves to be competant players
Aye but a lot of talk last season was no competition for Coleman. If we have someone who can play first team then great, but would you rather have experience back up rather than promoting an academy player with very little competitive experience? what happens when coleman is out of form? no-one you can drop him for, whereas right now baines has 2 left backs to replace him.

Aye but a lot of talk last season was no competition for Coleman. If we have someone who can play first team then great, but would you rather have experience back up rather than promoting an academy player with very little competitive experience? what happens when coleman is out of form? no-one you can drop him for, whereas right now baines has 2 left backs to replace him.

I agree with you ash. If the youngsters are good enough at the age of 17/18 they will be playing now. Out youngsters in them positions won't cut it at a top 8 club. They will all be in the championship/league one in a few years.

Are you really asking me if I'd rather play a youth player over a journeyman squad filler?

Really??

I mean, I can't even, REALLY???

Have we not met or something?!?!

Interesting thats all quiet at the moment... I am holding hope that for £19m its Leno and we where letting him get on with the Euros.

That would be me very happy.
Thats a very particular number because I think it's supposedly damn close to Leno's release clause. He's been my #1 wish for this season, guy is a fantastic keeper and would improve us to no end regardless of any other transfers to come in.

Thats a very particular number because I think it's supposedly damn close to Leno's release clause. He's been my #1 wish for this season, guy is a fantastic keeper and would improve us to no end regardless of any other transfers to come in.

yep thats why my ear perked up when i heard the cost, it is a specific number, and apparently its 19m euros for his release clause.

Would be amazing if so.

Do we?

We have Coleman and then Kenny, Browning and Pennington who can all play there if needs be and have all shown themselves to be competant players
Have they? None of them were trusted by Martinez to play in our two biggest games of the season. Granted Browning wasn't fit but even if he was I doubt he would have played.

They are good young players with potential but they should never be the only backup to an injury prone player. We need to bring someone decent in so the younger players will have to earn their place. If they are good enough then there won't be a problem just the same way Garbutt will have to earn his place this season in competition with Oviedo.

At the very least we still need a No 10, CDM, GK and cover for RB and ST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back