Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
At The Drive-In where it's at mate x

Anyway, we'll be fine. Again - chill out lads.

Relationship of Command is in my top 5 mate, what an album.

And to be on topic, I reckon Mata will turn up with a car full of churros on his first day as a blue and he'll instantly be the most popular person at FF.

I hear what you're saying, does this apply to all ungulates?
Of......Horse it does.....

1owPwdb.gif

Goodness sake - cut @The Esk some slack..... Has everything happened exactly as he said it would - no. Has he simply been trying to pass on to us the best information he has access too - yes. The man is simply trying to share what he knows, which is considerate of him considering it is well more than most of us are privy too.....

So what if we have not signed anyone? One must point out that the players we are all most wound up about have not signed elsewhere either.

So to sum up we seem to have:
Interest and likely at least initial contract/fee discussions regarding: Witsel, Mata and Haller
Interest and contact regarding: Koulibaly and Schmeichel
Interest in: Rolan, Begovic, Carvalho and Wijnaldum

That is a fine list of players and negotiations with quality players take time. For those that just want something/anything to get done allow me to introduce you to exhibit "A" for the something/anything quality player - one Mr. Sketelenburg. Nothing wrong with him, he is a serviceable squad player and if we wanted to sign many more of his ilk i am sure that they would very likely have already been done.

We are thankfully aiming higher though. Not just for starters, but for class starters.

Until our targets actually start signing for other teams then there is no reason to get despondent.

The only reasonable concern to me at this point is that one can only hope we have "plan B" players for each identified role and have at least made approaches so that we do not start from scratch if "plan A" falls through.

It may take a while, but Moshiri is building toward better times ahead - Koeman is proof of that (remember all of you lot saying we would end up with Martin O'Neil or Moyes back.....).

There's time yet fellas. Stay positive and don't tear down a decent guy like @The Esk for passing on what information he has in good faith.

Last edited:

What on earth is going on in here today? Something in the water? I don't think the meltdown got this bad even in the manager thread. Why is everyone losing their heads? The signings will come.

Goodness sake - cut @The Esk some slack..... Has everything happened exactly as he said it would - no. Has he simply been trying to pass on to us the best information he has access too - yes. The man is simply trying to share what he knows, which is considerate of him considering it is well more than most of us are privy too.....

So what if we have not signed anyone. One must point out that the players we are all most wound up about have not signed elsewhere either.

So to sum up we seem to have:
Interest and likely at least initial contract/fee discussions regarding: Witsel, Mata and Haller
Interest and contact regarding: Koulibaly and Schmeichel
Interest in: Rolan, Begovic, Carvalho and Wijnaldum

That is a fine list of players and negotiations with quality players take time. For those that just want something/anything to get done allow me to introduce you to exhibit "A" for the something/anything quality player - one Mr. Sketelenburg. Nothing wrong with him, he is a serviceable squad player and if we wanted to sign many more of his ilk i am sure that they would very likely have already been done.

We are thankfully aiming higher though. Not just for starters, but for class starters.

Until our targets actually start signing for other teams then there is no reason to get despondent.

The only reasonable concern to me at this point is that one can only hope we have "plan B" players for each identified role and have at least made approaches so that we do not start from scratch if "plan A" falls through.

It may take a while, but Moshiri is building toward better times ahead - Koeman is proof of that (remember all of you lot saying we would end up with Martin O'Neil or Moyes back.....).

There's time yet fellas. Stay positive and don't tear down a decent guy like @The Esk for passing on what information he has in good faith.

BRAVO Hogsy...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back