Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone considered the possibility that Koeman's assessment is that the squad is actually pretty damn good and does not need a huge investment. Do not forget how terrible a manager Martinez was (apologies to Davek and mkrudden, but he really was the most inept clueless man)
Anyway, perhaps one or two 10 mio buys (Shane Long? and A N Other) might be undertaken, but generally speaking, I believe a policy of 'we'll go with what we got' might be the best way forward.
I know this one is a wind up. Lol

I know this one is a wind up. Lol

For the sake of argument, lets say we sign Mata and Witsel. And a decent keeper.

Then, after a few games, both are badly injured.

Could the remaining squad do well under a proper manager? I reckon they could. Not ripping the world up like, but we aint rubbish as we are. Just a bit light in a few areas.

Still want us to sign some new shiny players mind!

For the sake of argument, lets say we sign Mata and Witsel. And a decent keeper.

Then, after a few games, both are badly injured.

Could the remaining squad do well under a proper manager? I reckon they could. Not ripping the world up like, but we aint rubbish as we are. Just a bit light in a few areas.

Still want us to sign some new shiny players mind!
We would do better agreed but not enough to kick on to top 4 or 6, plus if we sign mata,witsel and a keeper and they get injured your a frigging jinx.

We will sign players, lots and lots of boss players, we all wanted them in last month, but it takes time, the Euros, the change in manager, the change in approach, the "fight" to keep Lukaku, the sadly lost battle to keep young John, player holidays, mutant agents, the coup in Turkey, the madness in Nice, brexit, Englands Euros, the unstable pound, Kelly Brook, Lucy fing Pinder.

Pick an excuse, pick a reason.

Im still as cool as a cucumber, we will get the players in, we will build a squad, we will build a new stadium, after that who knows?

A very interesting Season approaches, the league is RAMMED full of top, top class managers, teams with money to burn, hungry teams, there will be NO easy games next Season, lets just hope we do what we havent for the last 2 seasons, compete every single game.

has anyone considered the possibility that Koeman's assessment is that the squad is actually pretty damn good and does not need a huge investment. Do not forget how terrible a manager Martinez was (apologies to Davek and mkrudden, but he really was the most inept clueless man)
Anyway, perhaps one or two 10 mio buys (Shane Long? and A N Other) might be undertaken, but generally speaking, I believe a policy of 'we'll go with what we got' might be the best way forward.

Agreed. Said pretty much this yesterday. Didn't get slaughtered so mustn't have been a million miles from popular opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back