Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone considered the possibility that Koeman's assessment is that the squad is actually pretty damn good and does not need a huge investment. Do not forget how terrible a manager Martinez was (apologies to Davek and mkrudden, but he really was the most inept clueless man)
Anyway, perhaps one or two 10 mio buys (Shane Long? and A N Other) might be undertaken, but generally speaking, I believe a policy of 'we'll go with what we got' might be the best way forward.

has anyone considered the possibility that Koeman's assessment is that the squad is actually pretty damn good and does not need a huge investment. Do not forget how terrible a manager Martinez was (apologies to Davek and mkrudden, but he really was the most inept clueless man)
Anyway, perhaps one or two 10 mio buys (Shane Long? and A N Other) might be undertaken, but generally speaking, I believe a policy of 'we'll go with what we got' might be the best way forward.
No mate. At the very least we need a GK, CB, AM and CF.

I said all last season that there is a group of very talented footballers in Blue. They did get 5th dont forget.

Major surgery is not needed, just sound management/fitness, and a few additions. If one or two of the additions are the type of player we have been getting liked to, even better.

I'd be right there with you...except for the 'our KEEPERS are pretty damn good' isn't something anyone would say. The two we have are serviceable at best.

What was the name of that Swiss Clinic ? I think they will be quite busy.

lol

I said all last season that there is a group of very talented footballers in Blue. They did get 5th dont forget.

Major surgery is not needed, just sound management/fitness, and a few additions. If one or two of the additions are the type of player we have been getting liked to, even better.

Could argue though mate that overall the majority of the teams that finished below us that season have strengthened significantly (fair enough the top 4 havent could also be argued - but that looks to be changing this summer)

Are you joking?

Could argue though mate that overall the majority of the teams that finished below us that season have strengthened significantly (fair enough the top 4 havent could also be argued - but that looks to be changing this summer)

Of course. No way we wont sign good players, imo, but the point was, the players are not terrible, the manager was. (With a knowing nod to my new mate, Hindsight).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back