Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
£35m for Sissoko (who is a good player under the right management) is a reflection of the current transfer market. Ibe, who's only claim to fame is he once toe punted it in a derby and hit the post has just gone for £15m. Its mental!
Everyone has money burning a hole in their pockets now - what can set us apart isn't blowing our wad on every player with a great rating or realistic face on Fifa but on players that will better the team and hopefully there are a few marquee signings to come but not all are going to be what we want or expect. Taking it back to Sissoko, no one would have expected him to keep the likes of Cabaye or Schneiderlin out of the French squad or for him to completely outdo Pogba in the final but he did. If Koeman thinks he's the right player to compliment what we have and what we might bring in then i'm happy with that and a £35m price tag is simply the way things are going. It's a brave new world boys and girls where we are actually fuming about potentially spending £35 MILLION - i repeat THIRTY FIVE MILLION POUNDS on a French international. It doesn't feel that long ago we were getting excited about Denis Stracqualursi coming in on loan.

Wow so McCarthy must be worth £70mil....gotcha.

I cannot help but feel that a lot of people on GOT - including myself - have been getting their knickers in a twist over the past few weeks about who and who we are not signing. All the 'names' mentioned appear to have come from reliable sources but, in reality, if the Board and Management team are only sitting down today (as was mentioned within the Sissoko thread, I think) to discuss prospective targets then I suspect a lot of the rumours that have gone on beforehand, with the exception of possibly Mata, may be little more than sheer speculation fed by agents or idle press to create an interest where none exists. IMO I don't really believe we have approached anyone despite all the 'offers' we are supposed to have tabled - who has been acting in this capacity of club broker, certainly not BK or RK (who has only been Manager for 2-3 weeks) and Elstone was sent out of the country to deepest Africa for part of that time?

I am sure the club do have targets and now that it seems we have a DoF on board to assist in identifying and getting involved in the hard bargaining (which I understand is something which falls within the remit of DoF) then we should see incomings fairly swiftly and probably players of very decent calibre who come in under the radar but who will really get the juices flowing. Now is the time and the next fortnight, I reckon, will see what we are truly about I am confident

(crosses fingers and toes)

£35m for Sissoko (who is a good player under the right management) is a reflection of the current transfer market. Ibe, who's only claim to fame is he once toe punted it in a derby and hit the post has just gone for £15m. Its mental!
Everyone has money burning a hole in their pockets now - what can set us apart isn't blowing our wad on every player with a great rating or realistic face on Fifa but on players that will better the team and hopefully there are a few marquee signings to come but not all are going to be what we want or expect. Taking it back to Sissoko, no one would have expected him to keep the likes of Cabaye or Schneiderlin out of the French squad or for him to completely outdo Pogba in the final but he did. If Koeman thinks he's the right player to compliment what we have and what we might bring in then i'm happy with that and a £35m price tag is simply the way things are going. It's a brave new world boys and girls where we are actually fuming about potentially spending £35 MILLION - i repeat THIRTY FIVE MILLION POUNDS on a French international. It doesn't feel that long ago we were getting excited about Denis Stracqualursi coming in on loan.

Today's market doesn't suggest that spending 35 Million on a relegated player is a good purchase

Getting ridiculous now,we should have a signing done and dusted now

Clubs are all doing business at such a fast rate around us and we do nothing.

My worry is Moshiri doesn't want to use his own money but use either the Stones or Lakaku fees for new players.

Only have to see rich owners like jack Walker Abramovich and Mansour splashing the cash as soon as they bought their respected clubs,hell even Randy Lerner was splashing the cash straight away at Villa.

To be really honest. I don't mind when we sign players be it at the end or at begin. Only reason I care and want it early is for them to get MAXIMUM time possible with preseason and team. Get that gelling out the way

Carvalho, Witsel or Begovic most likely in next day or so you'd think, Sissoko's a fresh link, Mata's in China, Koulibaly linked to Stones leaving. Be nice if the first signing was someone obviously boss, but right out of left field.

Getting ridiculous now,we should have a signing done and dusted now

Clubs are all doing business at such a fast rate around us and we do nothing.

My worry is Moshiri doesn't want to use his own money but use either the Stones or Lakaku fees for new players.

Only have to see rich owners like jack Walker Abramovich and Mansour splashing the cash as soon as they bought their respected clubs,hell even Randy Lerner was splashing the cash straight away at Villa.

Why does everyone want us to panic and spend immediately. Surely it's acceptable that a new manager assess his team before completing transfers?

Everton, Moshiri and Koeman have absolutely nothing to so with the frustration/stress/anger that a lot of people on here are feeling - you're all doing it to yourselves.

There was a time when so many would be looking forward to the vaulting over the next few weeks but there's just been so many people losing the rag that it seems like far too much effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back