Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea apparently bid nearly £40 million for that Koulibaly lad :D:D

Think we can take him off the list.

Just to highlight how biased SKY Sports is :

http://www.football365.com/news/agent-chelsea-and-everton-want-napolis-koulibaly

Bruno Satin, who represents Koulibaly, says the defender is likely to move to the Premier League and that the Senegal international is looking to leave the club.

“I was in Dimaro on Saturday and we discussed a contract renewal,” Satin told Radio CRC. “However, we are not at the point of reaching an agreement. The desire of the player is to leave the club, not renew.

“We are told by the club that he is a great player but from the renewal on offer, we don’t see this.

“Last year they wanted to sell him, stating he was not focused enough, but then last season he has shown all his quality.

“To the fans I say stay calm because he won’t be joining Juventus. Chelsea and Everton are still interested as they are both searching for a central defender of his quality.”

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ou-koulibaly-from-napoli-says-defenders-agent

"That I know of, Koulibaly's not about to renew [his contract] and the future doesn't look rosy. The player's desire is to leave and the signs we're receiving from Napoli don't exactly pressure him otherwise.

"We've decided to leave for economic reasons. After what happened to Higuain, though, Kalidou will not be leaving for Juventus or another competitor.

"Chelsea still want him and there's time to close the deal."

http://www.football365.com/news/agent-chelsea-and-everton-want-napolis-koulibaly

Bruno Satin, who represents Koulibaly, says the defender is likely to move to the Premier League and that the Senegal international is looking to leave the club.

“I was in Dimaro on Saturday and we discussed a contract renewal,” Satin told Radio CRC. “However, we are not at the point of reaching an agreement. The desire of the player is to leave the club, not renew.

“We are told by the club that he is a great player but from the renewal on offer, we don’t see this.

“Last year they wanted to sell him, stating he was not focused enough, but then last season he has shown all his quality.

“To the fans I say stay calm because he won’t be joining Juventus. Chelsea and Everton are still interested as they are both searching for a central defender of his quality.”

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ou-koulibaly-from-napoli-says-defenders-agent

"That I know of, Koulibaly's not about to renew [his contract] and the future doesn't look rosy. The player's desire is to leave and the signs we're receiving from Napoli don't exactly pressure him otherwise.

"We've decided to leave for economic reasons. After what happened to Higuain, though, Kalidou will not be leaving for Juventus or another competitor.

Its as i said the other day on that story mate, definite agenda at work, as for clickbait it would make sense to include us as well, no other reason to edit the quote other than to support the SKY club mantra

More people will google 'Chelsea' than 'Everton', ultimately. I hate SSN but it's simple SEO I suppose. They aren't really arsed about reporting the whole story.

one thing about signings taking time, i wonder if this season is thought of as a'bbuilding season' we can take our time on targets and get who is right for the club on a deal that is right for the club, we arent likely to be challegning for champs league this season so getting targets in early maybe isnt seen as too much of a concern..

More people will google 'Chelsea' than 'Everton', ultimately. I hate SSN but it's simple SEO I suppose. They aren't really arsed about reporting the whole story.

Nope mate the way clickbait works - it would generate more hits if you included both clubs as it'd show on each of their search engine results and on sites like newsnow etc.

Doing it in the edited version has absolutely nothing to do with SEO and is counter productive to that end

What it does do though is set XChelsea apart from 'lesser' teams by ommiting them as being competitive financially with a player

I have reached the point when I'm just going to let this wash over me, as anxious as I am that we get new players in.

The quote attributable to Koeman in De Telegraaf along the lines that things will start happening in a few days, has to be good enough.

Certainly seems that they are determined to land Witsel and Koulibaly in particular, and are not going to settle for targets lower down the wish list. I hope the same is true with Mata.

I'm concerned but I/we can do nothing to influence the situation. It's a night of telly for me rather than F5.

We are determined not to be out bid.....

All those sources are simply referencing a DiMarzio post--who essentially talked about Chelsea willing to bid this high weeks ago. We've also heard consistently that Everton have been willing to bid more--though we don't of course know how determined the player is to go to Chelsea. He seems open to a move to England in general for the right money. Either way, if we haven't learned to take Italian sources with a healthy dose of skepticism by now...

Chelsea have a fairly rigid model they use now and are unlikely to go outside it, will be fascinating to see how this plays out - we are in the box seat though on this one.

I know the bloke who handles their transfers is widely disliked by the fan base as well, but is supposed to be very close to Abramovic and a favourite.

If even Mourinho couldn't get them to budge from that structure - seriously doubt that Conte will manage to get them to

All those sources are simply referencing a DiMarzio post--who essentially talked about Chelsea willing to bid this high weeks ago. We've also heard consistently that Everton have been willing to bid more--though we don't of course know how determined the player is to go to Chelsea. He seems open to a move to England in general for the right money. Either way, if we haven't learned to take Italian sources with a healthy dose of skepticism by now...

Think Koulibaly is reported to be on about 16k per week mate, the difference in what he could earn at either us or chelsea i honestly think would matter more than holding out for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back