Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you would say that our squad at the start of last season was worse than Southampton's at the start of last season?

Why are you wanting to know what I may have believed 12 months ago? This is your problem, you put more faith into beliefs and what squads look like 'on paper' than you do in actual reality. The REALITY is that last season's Southampton squad was considerably stronger than our's, which is why most reasonable people expressed shock and confusion over the idea of Koeman leaving Southampton for Everton.

its a clue, john travolta was in pulp fiction, a film directed by quentin tarantino, tarantino also directed reservoir dogs, in reservoir dogs a man gets his ear cut

pretty clear to me

Oh God, the Travolta meme.

eLw7m.gif

Besic when played last year was the only reason we managed to get further in the cups or pick up any points because he was putting his body on the line, making blocks. Something Jimmy mac forgot how to do. He wasn't in the team for long down to injury, but we looked 10x safer with him in it.

Cleverly isn't very good mate, Mccarthy isn't either. He's not been good since the first season, and even then it's not like he does much. He doesn't show for the ball, because he doesn't want it. I want a footballer at centre mid.

Like genuinely you're crazy if you think any top 8 team would swap one of their midfielders for Mccarthy.
We all see games in different ways , I suppose.
The credit you are giving to Besic, I would give to Barry.
Time and the manager will tell, but imo the chase for Gueye, Idrissa and Carvalho does not look good for either McCarthy or Besic .

its a clue, john travolta was in pulp fiction, a film directed by quentin tarantino, tarantino also directed reservoir dogs, in reservoir dogs a man gets his ear cut

pretty clear to me

Close, but not quite.

John Travolta was in Pulp Fiction, a film directed by Quentin Tarantino, who also directed Reservoir Dogs. Dogs? Dogs of War.

Koeman OUT Mike Walker IN confirmed.

Close, but not quite.

John Travolta was in Pulp Fiction, a film directed by Quentin Tarantino, who also directed Reservoir Dogs. Dogs? Dogs of War.

Koeman OUT Mike Walker IN confirmed.
You're on the right lines my friend but the truth lies in the words below:

John Travolta was in Pulp Fiction, a film directed by Quentin Tarantino, who also directed Kill Bill. This has been the jokingly murderous intention of many an Everton fan for years.

Walter Smith, with the baseball bat, in the board room.

#WelcomeBackWalterAndArchie

Why are you wanting to know what I may have believed 12 months ago? This is your problem, you put more faith into beliefs and what squads look like 'on paper' than you do in actual reality. The REALITY is that last season's Southampton squad was considerably stronger than our's, which is why most reasonable people expressed shock and confusion over the idea of Koeman leaving Southampton for Everton.

It isn't my problem at all. You - as always - were failing to see my point that our squad last season was more than capable of finishing where an inferior squad (S'ton's did), and largely that was down to the manager. We now have a better manager and urgo, we should be in with a better chance of finishing higher even if we didn't make signings (which we will and do need to).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back