Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Must admit i'm starting to get nervous, historically not many players are signed in the last week of preseason, so if we don't get a few in either this week or next our starting lineup v spurs is gonna look a bit lightweight, and yes I know the window shuts on 31st August.

We all see games in different ways , I suppose.
The credit you are giving to Besic, I would give to Barry.
Time and the manager will tell, but imo the chase for Gueye, Idrissa and Carvalho does not look good for either McCarthy or Besic .
Valid point. But Mccarthy just needs binning off, crap in the euros too! As I said in another post no top 8 prem midfield would include him.

Btw Idressa and gueye are the same person!

Yes, I've seen every match he's played for Everton. And Besic was not good for us last season. McCarthy wasnt either, still we played better with him on than Besic.

Okay mate. Besic made 19 appearances last year as he was injured for two lengthy spells.

Barnsley away he was poor in the first half but that was his first action in three months as he picked up an injury in pre-season so missed the entirety of it. He came good in the second half in that game.

Next game vs Spurs he came on as a sub and did fine, then against Chelsea he started and went off injured after 5 minutes.

I don't see how those three can be classed as 'bad'...

Fast forward to boxing day, which is the next time he played - a 10 minute sub appearance at St James' Park. He didn't play against Stoke but did come on after 60 mins at home vs Spurs. Completely swung the game in our favour and almost scored with what would have been a wonder goal.

Started the next game vs City in the Lg Cup and was absolutely fantastic, before running the show in the FA Cup (granted, vs a poor side). He was brilliant at the Etihad and once again in the next game at Stamford Bridge. The week after he hit the post and then went off injured after 5 minutes vs Swansea.

Came on for a bit vs W.Ham, but was awful in one of the worst team performances of the season vs Arsenal, and his season tailed off towards the end.

He wasn't bad at all. He was our best player for that spell he was fit in January by a country mile as well.

I agree, this needs to be the year he proves his quality, but I'm sure he can do it as long as he stays injury free. A full pre-season (compared to no pre-season last year) should help.

Four factors - (i) it's hard and complex to get these types of players, particularly when we don't have the near-term pedigree of seasoned CL contenders. As a result agents are asking for more, and have changed terms during negotiations; (ii) The Pogba situation has definitely made things slower than would have been (iii) what was not apparent at the beginning of the summer was that although we had targets and have been talking to some of our potential "marquee" signings, Koeman wanted to have a look at what he had and (iv) the DoF appointment has held up potential transactions outside of the bigger names we have identified.

all perfectly valid reasons Esk... but as always the naysayers will well, want to say nay...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back