Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing the link to Ashley Williams this morning makes me think journos haven't actually got a clue who the club are trying to bring in.
Saw that in the BBC gossip column, along with City wanting Stones for no more than £40m, us turning down Chelsea bid of £57m for the sulk us wanting £75m.
It's worn me down if I'm honest. Trying to be upbeat but on the surface at least, same old, same old.

Ashley Williams link is highly unlikely and them just inserting random cb names... Hes also anlife long red

But he is an amazing cb any team would be lucky to have him... Watch our performances vs Swansea alone last season... Nevermind the fact he does that week in week out for years

Eriksen is world class and certainly would ve a great alternative to Mata although i think Mata is more likely

Still not stressing at all the only thing im concerned with is Lukakus fitness levels come the start of the season... Was great to see Gerri put in a solid 90 though...

Stekelenberg has great distribution skills and can see him being 1st choice keeper if koeman and walsh dont get their targets

Ashley Williams link is highly unlikely and them just inserting random cb names... Hes also anlife long red

But he is an amazing cb any team would be lucky to have him... Watch our performances vs Swansea alone last season... Nevermind the fact he does that week in week out for years

Eriksen is world class and certainly would ve a great alternative to Mata although i think Mata is more likely

Still not stressing at all the only thing im concerned with is Lukakus fitness levels come the start of the season... Was great to see Gerri put in a solid 90 though...

Stekelenberg has great distribution skills and can see him being 1st choice keeper if koeman and walsh dont get their targets
Basically with the Williams thing I reckon someone heard Koeman saying how he wants us to toughen up and not be such pushovers, thought logically about who is a solid proven CB at a club below us in stature and came up with AW. I'd like him tbh, proper old school warrior who's a threat from set pieces and can play a bit. He did an incredible job in the Euros with that Wales back line.

Ideally we could have done with a signing this week gone.

Since that looks unlikely, I'd say two next week would be a good start. This time next week would be the final chance of getting somebody in and they been ready to take some part in the Spurs game I'd say.

But, you have to grasp that it won't be for a lack of trying. We are going for our no.1 targets and due to us being tosh for two years (and longer, in general) it's a harder sell than if we'd finished 5th.

A good answer to my pissed rant!

Deadline day. Like it or not, this is going to be a season of transition - working the "Martinez" out of the side. Whether we sign players now, or on deadline day it doesn't really make any odds. What is most important is getting the right players in and starting the process of bedding them into the Koeman way of playing. The current squad are still finding it difficult to adjust to Koeman's methods and that is not surprising after two years of having the Martinez method drilled into them. Forget about any dreams you had of challenging the top 4 this season, it ain't gonna happen unless some sort of miracle occurs.

I agree to an extent but, going in to the second game of the prem near the bottom will be a damp squib to our "new manager,chairman, big time charlie" momentum.

If we had sorted stuff out earlier we would have at least been in with a shout on the opening day.

BTW, I agree entirely about top four, be lucky top 8 imo, all the above teams have strengthened and most have kept their managers.

I agree to an extent but, going in to the second game of the prem near the bottom will be a damp squib to our "new manager,chairman, big time charlie" momentum.

If we had sorted stuff out earlier we would have at least been in with a shout on the opening day.

BTW, I agree entirely about top four, be lucky top 8 imo, all the above teams have strengthened and most have kept their managers.

you are being sarcastic, yes?

Ok, we will sign who we will sign, but from the names banded about would love them to tie up deals for -

Siguurdson,
Mata,
Carvalho,
One of Koubilay, Mbodji, Fonte or Martins Indi
Brady
And a striker

Not arsed about Witsel but if he joins then I am fickle enough to rejoice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back