Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you make of this @Brownie ?

CopWSegWcAE3GwW.jpg
if i remember right williams error leading to a goal was the mahrez one i think

Not good if it's 10 million considering he's 31.

He could have 4 to 5 good seasons yet
Don't care about sell on's.

It's a bit of a false economy making a profit on young defenders because they do all their learning and make all their mistakes here then go elsewhere and win things while we bring in another apprentice. It's not a winning formula.

At his age he'd want to be first choice, if we blew the 40m on Koulibaly no way would Williams be first choice

Maybe they'd be the first choice partnership.

He could have 4 to 5 good seasons yet
Don't care about sell on's.

It's a bit of a false economy making a profit on young defenders because they do all their learning and make all their mistakes here then go elsewhere and win things while we bring in another apprentice. It's not a winning formula.

Agreed. £10m for 3 very solid seasons is great business. What's more, you could rinse and repeat that and buy the next 30/31/32 year old defender in his prime for about the same once Williams goes downhill or retires. Boss business if you're not worried about a sell on fee. Distin proves it works.

Living in South Wales, some of the Swansea fans I speak think Williams isn't all that and they need a new leader and captain

Living in South Wales, some of the Swansea fans I speak think Williams isn't all that and they need a new leader and captain

Same thing happens with all players linked with other clubs - how many times have we heard that on here "the fans don't rate him, better off without"? You could argue the same is happening over Stones - some saying he's not that good etc.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back