Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting to feel a little anxious now, i'm sure the money is there and i'm sure the interest in players like Witsel and Mata is genuine but time is ticking on and all we have is a 2nd possibly even 3rd choice keeper. Whilst I admire the containment of information from Everton, it does leave us fans wondering what the hell's going on.

On a side note, Ashley Williams for 10m, yes please.

I agree mate......... I hate to say this but........ we all loved the Martinez philosophy of.... the mixture of ....youth with the older players.As one door closes... for the likes of Jags and Barry........ I believe ....we still need that calming influence ... from older and wiser heads.... that will help the youngsters of the team develop.

I think we're not quite sure how koeman sees it as yet. But it's taking time!!!!!

I think you'll struggle to find games where they have played together in the last 3 seasons under Martinez.

Pre season is all about assessing the squad for the new manager and getting fitness levels up, Koeman is no mug, the players you mention will be knowhere near the first 11 come the Spurs game, but he is giving players chance to impress, you can't blame him for that.
I'm not putting him down for playing them. Just pointing out that no matter how much we spent on a manager doesn't necessarily translate into success if the players arent good enough.

Problem is, until these new players start arriving fast, we haven't got many options come opening weekend to have anyone but who we currently have. Kone niasse and mcgeady as all options we will have to use until we make them no longer options. I

Williams just marshalled a Welsh defense to the semis of the Euros he's better at defending than anyone we have now Jags is on the decline.
Problem is with Williams.

He is 32 so therefore how much is he actually worth if a player only 2 years older is deemed on his way out so to speak?

Especially for the price tag, is his value worth it for 2 seasons when he would be replacing essentially a 21 year old?

Well we have sort of left ourselves open to that to date.

I get some people at work now saying "but I thought Everton had money now" etc.

To repeat the mantra we'll have to see where we are in 5 weeks.

Saints fans have done a great job of pretending they were happy for Koeman to leave.

On their fume / bitterness alone we have done very well to get him.
Having said that, Southampton have yet again sold two or three star players. Why would that convince him to stay there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back