Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

I remember getting laughed at and ridiculed for suggesting Williams a few weeks back. Now everyone's spunking over him.

This forum is laughable sometimes, it really is.

I agree mate ...

I know he's a red nose as a child but how is it we've not been linked with Ashley Williams??

Fantastic defender especially last year he was formidable and he's having a cracking Euro's to boot, he's been with Swansea for eight years surely a big money move could bring him to Goodison?

I made this post on July 5th page 1830, and back then nobody would entertain the idea.... But now we are getting close to the end of the window and the less likely it is to pull the grandeur level of players we originally wanted now people are keen lol

Would consider it the safe signing. If Man City are not budging on their offer, it might mean we can't go balls deep in the transfer market. Williams for 10m is a signing you'd expect from a non Moshiri Everton. Think his distribution is decent and definitely prepared to put his body in the way, no nonsense when it needs it, strong in the air and a leader of his current club and his nation. If Stones does go, I would see another CB coming in as well as Williams.

Interesting that we are seemingly talking to Chelsea about Lukaku. Reading between the lines, it seems we want approximately 45m to be able to increase the wage bill, whether that be Stones or Lukaku.

from koulibaly to williams. If stones goes proves were still a selling club

How do you know it isnt both? It is obvious we need 2 centre backs in.
If Stones goes it also proves that we will only allow players to go for huge fee's, we will make City pay alot more than they intend.

hmm, not sure on williams, he was definitely on the decline as last season wore on and i wouldn't say he was that great in the euros. It's a much bigger risk than it would have been just 2 years ago.

If Williams was a couple of years younger I'd jump at the opportunity to sign him but he's turning 32 in a few weeks and will start entering the twilight of his career and how much longer he'll be playing to this standard is a big question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back