Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point on Distin. Think we signed him at 31 years old, to replace our star centre back that Man City paid loads for.

Fancy that.

Not sure if it's parallel...but I see what you're saying.

Distin was bigger, stronger, and faster than most everyone...have to admit I was floored by how good he was as an athlete. Put folks in his back pocket for fun. Pretty shoite at footie, but could defend very well. Him and McCarthy's decline are the biggest difference defensively from 13-14 to now for me.

Not sure if Williams is as good as Distin, but he's a better defender than what we have IMO.

Not sure if it's parallel...but I see what you're saying.

Distin was bigger, stronger, and faster than most everyone...have to admit I was floored by how good he was as an athlete. Put folks in his back pocket for fun. Pretty shoite at footie, but could defend very well. Him and McCarthy's decline are the biggest difference defensively from 13-14 to now for me.

Not sure if Williams is as good as Distin, but he's a better defender than what we have IMO.
I suppose I wanting us to aim a little higher and with the future in mind but if it's true then I'm sure Mr Koeman's plan is much better than mine.

I know we have several needs in the squad.... I know most moves are probably dependent on Stones / Lukaku ... I can even be patient and wait for most of the signings to come later in the window. The real head scratcher for me is that we haven't gone out and got a bona fide number 1 keeper. It is an obvious need and one that should have been addressed right off the bat....( no I'm not counting Steklenburgermeister )

Gueye and Williams surely not the big names we want but if Koeman wants them I have no complaint and support.

I know we have several needs in the squad.... I know most moves are probably dependent on Stones / Lukaku ... I can even be patient and wait for most of the signings to come later in the window. The real head scratcher for me is that we haven't gone out and got a bona fide number 1 keeper. It is an obvious need and one that should have been addressed right off the bat....( no I'm not counting Steklenburgermeister )
I think the signing of Sburger allows some breathing space to chase other signings first. Any keeper coming in would be at the end of the transfer window I reckon. We won't be sweating that bad until then at least.

I think the signing of Sburger allows some breathing space to chase other signings first. Any keeper coming in would be at the end of the transfer window I reckon. We won't be sweating that bad until then at least.

Just think that move probably isn't dependent on the sale of anyone / is a real need / and is a pretty vital area.
Like everyone..... hoping this " new" era starts with some signings and success on the pitch . I know it will be a long process but I want to see some actual improvement to go along our heightened hopes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back