Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it seems that Lukaku and Stones are both leaving which is not surprising as both of these have been thinking of leaving for a while now. Barkley got two years left so we need him to sign a new contract.

Koeman got a massive job on. Im worried that we about to lose OK to lose our two best players.. We really should have push the boat out with signings. It's not looking good for us

So it seems that Lukaku and Stones are both leaving which is not surprising as both of these have been thinking of leaving for a while now. Barkley got two years left so we need him to sign a new contract.

Koeman got a massive job on. Im worried that we about to lose OK to lose our two best players.. We really should have push the boat out with signings. It's not looking good for us

Will keep Lukaku. Irreplaceable at the moment it's August too late. Chelsea won't pay what we want.

I think the problem is attracting top class players who are willing to live in northwest England to play for a currently mid table premier league side.

Martinez had done far much damage to this club than people would imagine, on and off the field. Koeman needs a season to rectify this just like Martinez needed a season to train out all Moyes's drill in defence.

Will keep Lukaku. Irreplaceable at the moment it's August too late. Chelsea won't pay what we want.
he cant be bothered though. his whole body language is wrong. i guess he was promised stellar signings and as these havent/wont materialise, hes had enough. i guess thats why koeman has been experimenting with delafeou up front for when he goes and we cant sign anyone else

he cant be bothered though. his whole body language is wrong. i guess he was promised stellar signings and as these havent/wont materialise, hes had enough. i guess thats why koeman has been experimenting with delafeou up front for when he goes and we cant sign anyone else

I guess we have put all eggs in one basket. All along we are chasing 3-4 marquee signings. The targets drag on and we wait...and wait. Just my personal opinion, I would have gone and negotrate with 7-8 marquee signings (Strootman etc) and see how many can work out a deal in the end.

We are moaning about Ashley Williams because we want Serie A/Liga Never Played in the Prem £40m Centreback just for the sake of it.

But the last 5 winners of the Premierleague have solid, reliable, no-nonsense defenders:
Leicester - Huth/Morgan
Chelsea - Cahill/Terry
Man City - Kompany
Man Utd - Vidic

Williams fits that mold and despite being 32, he is a upgrade on Jagelka who is getting to twilight stage in his career.

£10 million is a good price when frankly he would walk into 18 of 20 teams in the Premiership.

Still think Koeman will bring in another defender anyway but I couldn't help being impressed by Galloway and Holgate during pre-season.

.....we were in free fall at the end of last season under a manager who had clearly lost control. I appreciate the positivity regarding top quality strengthening of the squad but at this point in time we have brought in a new no2 keeper who looks like he might have to be no1.

Pre-season isn't encouraging from a performance perspective, players are fighting for places and their futures but there is little to suggest an upturn from last season. With just a couple of weeks to go we have our best CB desperate to leave, his defensive partner injured leaving us with one CB. The back up are either not good enough or not ready. Up front there is uncertainty about Lukaku and we still don't have recognised top drawer back up with Deulofeu having to provide cover.

There is little or no time for players to bed in and all of a sudden we look more like bringing in players much further down our shopping list (Gueye and Williams). I'm positive about the takeover but not one of the high profile players we've been linked with are here. I could imagine problems with one or two but at this stage surely somebody would have been captured.

We look to be in an increasing mess and it's a real concern.

It's been a poor pre season for transfers so far.

Plenty of time remaining in the window but most clubs look to do their business early especially for the better players.

Even if we sign 4 or 5 decent players before 1st September we will have lost the pre season to integrate them into our team and way of playing.

Is this an indication of how far as a club we have fallen under Martinez or a lack of professionalism at the club in the delay appointing a manager and DoF ?

.....we were in free fall at the end of last season under a manager who had clearly lost control. I appreciate the positivity regarding top quality strengthening of the squad but at this point in time we have brought in a new no2 keeper who looks like he might have to be no1.

Pre-season isn't encouraging from a performance perspective, players are fighting for places and their futures but there is little to suggest an upturn from last season. With just a couple of weeks to go we have our best CB desperate to leave, his defensive partner injured leaving us with one CB. The back up are either not good enough or not ready. Up front there is uncertainty about Lukaku and we still don't have recognised top drawer back up with Deulofeu having to provide cover.

There is little or no time for players to bed in and all of a sudden we look more like bringing in players much further down our shopping list (Gueye and Williams). I'm positive about the takeover but not one of the high profile players we've been linked with are here. I could imagine problems with one or two but at this stage surely somebody would have been captured.

very well put.

Pretty much sums up my feelings too.

Agree. The club was broken and it isn't fixed yet.

Seems to me that as far as signings go, we've been depending on footballers' greed and forgetting about pride. If I were 24 / 25 and had a really good reputation, I'd think twice or three times about committing to a four or five year contract on the basis that we're going to try to get better over that period. Why would I spend the best years of my career trying to achieve something that might / might not come off when I could be winning medals?

It's concerning for sure. It is worth pointing out that from Moshiri down, we have a host of people who were not at the club six months ago.

The lack of activity is worrying, and has me on edge but I will gladly settle for reinforcements by the close of the window now if that's what it takes to get the right ones. We will see Gueye in and may get Williams this week.

I'm sure Koeman and Walsh are more than aware of the gaps in the squad. It's far from ideal not to have most of our signings done but what can we do now?

They simply have to get another 3-5 signings in as a minimum and have 33 days to sort it. If they don't/can't then we are in bother. It is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back