Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see Stones going, Lukaku staying and 5 signings before the window closes, net spend 60 million.

would we be happy with that ?

yeah but that's like tens of thousands of minutes so loads of time calm down lad yer heads falling off

giphy.gif

...I'll leave goalies to the experts but I've always though Szczesny has everything a top goalie needs. Remember that they tend to mature with age and he might have something to prove. I'm in.

I remember we said similar of Richard Wright when he came to us. I also wouldn't quite agree Szczesny has everything a "top goalie" needs: from what I've seen he lacks two things, tho' these things can be improved upon:

- box-organisation of his defenders (not very vocal)
- concentration (he's a good reflexive shot-stopper but can be prone to howlers if the game's been quiet a long time)

Better than Howard and Joel? Yeah, I'd deffo give him that, as long as he can approach his best form and be consistent.

The only worry i had was it looks like we have a decent start to the season after the first game, a time to pick up points with new players bedded in,
i hope we are not playing catch up against the stronger teams when the window closes.

I've been saying similar for ages, as has @Tubey - it's a point which is oddly not getting a lot of airtime, especially with our record of slow starts to a season.

Seriously though, a crap journo writing for a Scottish paper has info on an Everton bid for a Portuguese player.

Behave yourselves lads, you're making a show of us,

I remember we said similar of Richard Wright when he came to us. I also wouldn't quite agree Szczesny has everything a "top goalie" needs: from what I've seen he lacks two things, tho' these things can be improved upon:

- box-organisation of his defenders (not very vocal)
- concentration (he's a good reflexive shot-stopper but can be prone to howlers if the game's been quiet a long time)

Better than Howard and Joel? Yeah, I'd deffo give him that, as long as he can approach his best form and be consistent.

I've been saying similar for ages, as has @Tubey - it's a point which is oddly not getting a lot of airtime, especially with our record of slow starts to a season.

Yep, look at Leicester and the hammers last season, us when we finished fourth, it's imperative we get off to a fast start and we're not playing catch up football, even Chelsea who won it the year before couldn't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back