Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bang average haha, Mane has scored 21 league goals in his first 2 PL seasons.

And Wijnaldum has scored 11 in his first season.

Wihnaldum scored four against Norwich and two on the last day against an uninterested s
Bang average haha, Mane has scored 21 league goals in his first 2 PL seasons.

And Wijnaldum has scored 11 in his first season.

Not only is mane overpriced, he's on £7m a year. Which means he'll be unsellable, just like benteke, balotelli and Hendo.

Mane was one of the worst signings of the summer. Wihnaldum is a rival to that accolade.

Lets be honest, things aint happening the way many thought they would. januzaj on loan basically shows that. Why on earth if we had £100m would we get him on loan.

If it's a loan with an agreed sale price at the end of the season it would make sense. If he's no good send him back, if he's good buy him.

Not a massive fan of him to be honest though.

A really well balanced article. The doubters of moshiri should read that. The man has a clear vision for the club, he is here for the long term, the club in 5 years time will be almost unrecognisable from what it is now. Rome wasn't built in a day, but slowly but surely moshiri is putting the building blocks in place as @The Esk as alluded to.

Is that unacceptable the amount of pages or unacceptable we haven't made a 'major' signing?
I beg your pardon, I'm afraid I did put that quite badly. Apologies for the ambiguity.
i should have made it clear that the Faithful have waited an unreasonably long time to be able to greet in our first 'major' signing.

Williams, Gueye, Januzaj and Witsel

So if the 8 new players cin comprised 4 marquee and 4 tent peg signings to support them then only Witsel at this stage would fit the former description?
....Szeszney now being reported via a link that nobody on here would dream of posting. Esk mentioned him last night so I reckon this is genuine interest.

Another player we haven't got a hope of spelling.:(

I can fully understand the reason for frustration and an ( almost ) willingness to believe what the media spout. Because largely, that is all we have to cling on to.
I can't speak for any body else, naturally, but if it weren't for the calming voice of reason which appears at irregular intervals from @The Esk, I think I would have been feeling more than just a tad anxious at this point. Let's face it, our last major signing was on the last day of the January window. And he was garbage.
It is little wonder we are desperate for good news (as opposed to the daily gossip of losing both Rom and Stones), because that is what we have become. Desperate.
The settling in of a new management team, and the Euros ( which i am pleased to note the new regime are not using as an excuse to be un-prepared for the new season), but, PLEASE, Everton, let's get the whole signing of players debacle up and running.
Since the end of the season just finished, there have been almost 1900 pages dedicated to this thread. Almost 1900 pages. That is an unbelievable number, and yet we still await our first MAJOR signing.
Reasons aside, that is totally unacceptable.
End of rant.
My only complaint about this window is that some of our targets should have been given deadlines with regards to signing. For example sign by next week or we look elsewhere. It's apparent that some agents are just using everton's interest as a ploy to gain their clients better deals or moves elsewhere. We as a football club are bigger and deserve better than that. If players don't want to come, fine let's move on to other targets who want to play for us.

Until we make a signing and not on about Gueye people will moan about same old Everton. We have waited patiently this summer to see what this takeover means and hopefully this week we find out.

Could be a very important week in the history of Everton FC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back